Fingertips.

Fingertips.

A Story by Jess Holden
"

Domestic abuse story.

"
I brushed my hair from my face, carefully examining the newest bruise, making sure not to bump it. It was red, still swelling, and soar. I could tell how bad it would look by tomorrow, but part of me didn't care. I soaked the cloth in the ice cold water, and brought it up to my face. I watched in the mirror as I gently applied pressure, wincing softly. I felt the pins and needles, like when your legs fall asleep, slowly spread through my cheek and eye.  This was the first time he ever hit me, and I knew it would be the last. 'nobody will notice,' I thought, soaking the cloth again. 'I'll hide it under make up, and say I fell.' I thought more an more of this story, and wondered if it was believable enough. I felt my left eye begin to water, as the stinging increased. I realized that I had began pushing on the bruise, only making myself feel worse. I sighed, deciding to retire my feeble attempts of aiding in the healing process, and just try and sleep. I threw the cloth on the counter, and looked back to the mirror; my eyes were blood shot, and my face looked tired. I tried to pull my face into a smile, but felt the stinging pain of my cheek. My neck was red too, slowly showing small signs of brusing the size of fingertips.  His fingertips.

© 2011 Jess Holden


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its so detailed which makes it that much more gripping :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really heartful. I have had several friends go through this and everytime it is hard watching keep going back to they guy. I have tried to help, but it was their decision. Powerful stuff!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the way you've included every little detail to make the image so much clearer, and I like the way you've finished the story. I read the last couple of sentences about three times, just because of the fantastic way you've finished with 'His fingertips'.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by TJ