The Climb Against Darkness

The Climb Against Darkness

A Story by J.Michele

Fear is an emotion none should ever be afraid of. It is the darkness that truly destroys ones soul. It swells like an ocean, threatening to drown you in its emptiness. Emotions are what ground us. They keep the boat afloat. Some are harsh and painful, others engulf you in a bliss of light and richness that is craved by many. Emotions are the essence of the inner peace all search for. The darkness is the true underlying fault at which even the bravest will stumble upon. It is the key to unlock the obscenest door with in. It is the reason many fall in a faze of nothingness. It is a hazy fog that never lifts. The darkness takes the one thing that makes a human a human. Emotions. The deepest feelings that build families and crumble cities. What is life without emotions? Darkness. Darkness is put where emotions aspire. Loss of hope and faith makes the nothingness increase and the will to live is fractured under its sorrowful hope. But i will not let the darkness defeat me. I will push and pull and charge through the unknown. I will make it and swear to never give up. I will rise and taste the sweetest and most powerful emotion of all. Love. 

© 2015 J.Michele


Author's Note

J.Michele
This is the start of a short story, just a bit of a scribble :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

J. Michele, Thank you for submitting this to our contest. Submissions will be open until October 15th. If you have other WC friends who may be interested in entering, please feel free to pass on the information. -- Melissa

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice Story..
Looking forward to it

Posted 8 Years Ago


J.Michele

8 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015

Author

J.Michele
J.Michele

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Jess :) I am just a girl trying to find her path in life. I have always had a passion for creative writing and is something I would love to study in the future, but sadly I have no idea if .. more..

Writing
Inception Inception

A Story by J.Michele


Oasis Oasis

A Story by J.Michele