Broken Record

Broken Record

A Story by J.Michele

My record is finally being played. Though broken as it seems, it finally enables me to be the person under the bloody scars and amongst the broken strings. My past, a hazy mess, is finally saying its goodbyes and my heart has released a new rhythm that matches to the fragments of my slowly being mended soul. My soul, like broken china, has finally been allowed to mend the bond that tore it apart. But somehow people prefer to pretend they care or listen to my broken record, as a way of self-preservation because they themselves are more broken than me. They're just plastic dolls with plastic faces and plastic hearts. Plastic houses and plastic families. Plastic mouths and plastic eyes. Even though I say my broken record is being played, who will listen when each doll-like creature of humankind doesn't understand the significance of having my voice heard or the consequences that follow. To have to face the judgment that lingers like a bad smell, to have your emotions played over with fake ones because it is too scary and painful to bear that kind of hurt, or to be flooded with nasty words of emotional manipulation without standing up for yourself because you know it will only make things worse. You begin to lose your voice with no one to listen to the agony that pulses through your veins. You lose your life, you lose your freedom. I wish people will just truly listen to the pain that radiates from my voice. I feel like a time-bomb, just ticking away till the darkness inside explodes and I plummet to the world of hopeless nothingness. No deserves to live like this. To constantly be standing on eggshells, waiting for the day to fall with nobody to catch you. That's why I have found a place, a fresh start that's miles and oceans away from these fake dolls. My one ticket that will cost more money than what's in my back pocket, but I know through hard work will allow me to grasp my deserved freedom. It may be continents away but the hope it carries will keep me strong, keep me moving forward and not looking back, and keep my broken record playing. 

© 2015 J.Michele


Author's Note

J.Michele
Hey everyone, hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 15, 2015
Tags: Lost, hope, freedom, drama

Author

J.Michele
J.Michele

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Jess :) I am just a girl trying to find her path in life. I have always had a passion for creative writing and is something I would love to study in the future, but sadly I have no idea if .. more..

Writing
Inception Inception

A Story by J.Michele


Oasis Oasis

A Story by J.Michele