The Unforgivable

The Unforgivable

A Story by J.Michele
"

Prologue to book

"

THE FOREST called to her.

Whispers tickle her ears as they move from leaf to leaf, carried by the relentless wind. The moist fog stills as she pushes through to the unknown blur of mixed greens. Her clothes become damp and a chill slips over her spine. She knows better than to follow the hum. Hum of promise and hope, yielding her with a lust that cannot be stifled. With each step, her stride becomes lengthier yet more graceful. This is not a good idea, fight it! A voice so strange but familiar barks to her. She ignores it, bound by this impeccable desire. She can no longer see the cloudless sky, only the remains of the flickering sun. Bright fragments of light slither through the dark wooded branches and moss covered trunks. Don’t take one more step! The voice screeches in her head, but she thrusts it further back into her stupefied and foggy mind. She is lost. Lost to a world unexplainable yet imaginable. Too long has she resisted the urge to follow. Too long does she wish to hum those whispers. Too long has she been unable to feel the earth pulse through her. And as she drifts further into the forest, Celia Evergreen knew she would never return. 

© 2016 J.Michele


Author's Note

J.Michele
This is a start to a book, I hope it's not too bad :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've got guts.
Sorry for being the grammarical nerd but I'm trying to be helpful.

You opted to write this in Present tense. Which is harder, in my opinion, because we naturally gravitate towards past tense when telling a story.

Very interesting, I'm curious.
I'll likely follow it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


J.Michele

7 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Hi everyone, so as most of you are aware of this is the prologue to my book: The Unforgivable. I am so sorry it took so long for the book and first chapter to be published on this site due to some unfortunate circumstances, however I am so excited that it is finally ready for public eyes. I thought I would add a link to the book underneath if you want to read more. http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/JessBarnes1999/1677041/

J.Michele xx

Posted 8 Years Ago


i love this as a start to a book! it intrigues me and i really hope to see more to it!

your descriptions / imagery is wonderful, i can really picture this moment. the fact that you've varied your sentence length ('whispers tickle her ears as they move from leaf to leaf, carried by the relentless wind.' yet also 'she is lost.') really helps me to picture the scene and adds some more interest to the words.

keep going!! i can't wait to see!

Posted 8 Years Ago


J.Michele

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words :) I am actually in the middle of writing another book (I migh.. read more
hannah y.

8 Years Ago

you're very welcome! ^^ i'd love to see that as well! c:
J. Michele, Thank you for submitting this to our contest. Submissions will be accepted until October 15th. If you have other WC friends who may be interested in entering, please feel free pass on the information.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1316 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on March 1, 2016
Tags: Mystery, fantasy

Author

J.Michele
J.Michele

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Jess :) I am just a girl trying to find her path in life. I have always had a passion for creative writing and is something I would love to study in the future, but sadly I have no idea if .. more..

Writing
Inception Inception

A Story by J.Michele


Oasis Oasis

A Story by J.Michele