Love + Death

Love + Death

A Story by That1Nerd23

She loved him with a love bigger than life. He was the air she breathed and the joy she felt inside. He was the butterflies in her stomach and the dizziness in her head. He was that unexplainable feeling that raced through her body.

Although he was everything good, he also was the end of her. He took away her breath every time he failed to be by her side. He stabbed her in the back every time he lied. And he pierces her heart every time his love for her faltered or ran dry. She came to a point when her heart was bleeding so profusely that she knew death was upon her.

Every time she gasped for air by means of a last attempt, he would kiss her and restore her life. Into his eyes all her fears and pains vanished and suddenly he became her world once more and through him she found her reason to live.

As time went on, so also his heart moved with it. Further and further away his love strode, to the point of invisibility. And her eyes became blind, for he was her only focus for so long.

In the dark she sat crying, for she knew something had to give. She offered her bleeding heart to him so many times. Crawling to his side when all strength was ripped from her frail body and soul. Time after time she continued to go back to him until the day her strength gave way to death and she no longer could breath. On that day she marked the spot her ashes would abide.

Her very last hope was that her ashes would spread throughout the world. Until the day he died to which she wished her ashes would become intertwined with his.

© 2015 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A love story:) sad but trueness to see even to the ends they wish to be together to be:)

Posted 5 Years Ago


I enjoyed the beauty that paints the metaphor of the these two personified entities and their eternal relationship. My only critique is since you never call these "spirits" by their titles, don't use those respective words lightly throughout the story ("death" appears twice)....it ruins the power. But well done overall. It's a nice tale. Kind of reminds me of something that would comprise the repertoire of a Fantasia segment.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

5 Years Ago

Thanks for the advice, l will look into it. And I appreciate your review!
emipoemi

5 Years Ago

my pleasure.
Comment and let me know what you think! Please & thank you!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am a Teen I am a Teen

A Poem by Blue


3 a.m. 3 a.m.

A Poem by Ashley


Joy Joy

A Poem by H L Rose