Not Sure

Not Sure

A Poem by That1Nerd23

My heart throbs from the way you make me feel,
Hope is rising and you make happiness real.
I've always loved you, always intrigued.
Now we are talking and i'm feeling at ease.
I want you to know that you're in my thoughts.
Always have been even when we never talked.
There is something about you, it awakens me.
Lost in these feelings, lost in your eyes.
When i look at you i feel so alive.
Cover my blushing, let me hide my fears.

I'm just kinda jumping rather impulsively.
But isn't that love, just fascinating?
I don't think it's meant to be all that we make it.
It's suppose to be real but most of us fake it.
As if we can't see the neglect in their eyes.
My eyes are full but they question and hide.
Sometimes I think that what I feel is wrong.
Entangled with another, you're like a sad song.
Someone I'd have to give to get.
So i ask myself, "are you really worth it?".

© 2017 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The question in the end really puts many thoughts. Yes we meet many people in life but someone special among them is very hard to get. The title is good "Not Sure" about the most serious person in our life.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I love how this ended with a question. It's as if the speaker is clearly expressing their message though in the end there are even questions they don't have answers for. That's how it tends to feel. Time is so precious and valuable. It's one of the things in this world we can't take back once invested. I love how the speaker addresses their own feelings and are honest about them. If this person is, "Someone I'd have to give to get," then it does call for some questions, specifically about sacrifice. In love, there should be something shared for the heart's sake. When we stretch ourselves too thin, then there's nothing left to share in the from giving so much. This was an interpretive piece. Great read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

5 Years Ago

I love how indepth your review of my poem is. Seriously, you're awesome, I love your thoughts on thi.. read more
This is beautiful:) It starts as 2 but in the eyes so meet and some questions may arise and wonders will always show. I love the realism myself cant say seen that much in my life only fake used cheated to be so I understand it and the value within.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

5 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad it's fresh for you!
0000000000000000000000000000

5 Years Ago

Your very welcome
wonderful poem. I say, Go for it! You'll never know until you try. Good luck and much happiness to you :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

5 Years Ago

Thank you! Sorry it took a year to respond though :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


healing healing

A Poem by sette