Letter One

Letter One

A Story by That1Nerd23

I'd like to take a while, if that's okay with you. To search you out. Because you're the most exciting Adventure I've ever seen. Previously feeling as if life was going in a direction that didn't make sense. Questioning if what life was, was all it would ever be. Being hit on as if I was nothing more than an object for other people's pleasure. Self-esteem dropping, sinking into someplace dark. You bring light into my life. In such a short time, you give me this understanding I've been searching for. I want to know you, I want to understand you, I want more of what you have. Not that it's something for me to gain, it's simply Something Beautiful. I've always loved sunsets and sunrises, because they don't last all day, they last but for only a minute and that's okay. Because even though they go away and all those colors fade and reality sinks in and suddenly my day is going by, emotions are just getting ran through, I know that the colors will come back...That I will again be able to see the beauty and embrace it. You paint colors into my life that I never knew existed taking the brush of your soul to the darkest places of my heart and my insecurities and sweeping over them with radiance. I'm so overwhelmed by you because you help me see that it's okay, it's okay to be normal... to feel what other people feel. And it's okay to be different, to be misunderstood, to speak freely. It's okay to let yourself feel, because not everyone is going to hurt you. It's okay to be driven by your heart even when it leads you astray because sometimes taking that risk, as scary as it may be, will be the greatest risk you've ever taken toward a destination you never imagined could be true. Life changing. Being able to finally stop searching for somebody to understand because one person who gets it can be enough.

© 2018 That1Nerd23


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can easily relate to every words you wrote here , I feel the same in so many situations and that piece of story is so beautiful

Posted 5 Years Ago


Your writing is Fluid. When reading this I felt a sense of calm come over me. Like it was ok to feel the way I felt because another felt the same. To be able to reach a total stranger and make them feel "not alone" is the reason we all should write. Thank you for this piece.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That1Nerd23

5 Years Ago

I truly thought I replied to This! Thank you so much for your review, I am so glad it was able to ma.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018

Author

That1Nerd23
That1Nerd23

OH



About
"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that .. more..

Writing