Impatience

Impatience

A Story by Jessica O.

It starts the same way.
I walk down that sidewalk to that one place where I know I can escape for a while, and I expect (or rather, hope) that someone is there to go with me. I get disappointed when I get there and see that no one waited for me.
Then I hear one of two things: either someone will be there soon or no one will show up at all.
Until I find out for sure, though, I get angry. So much, that in fact it is divided three ways: to myself, to the world, to the one I'm waiting on.
It doesn't help at all that my temper is wired to my eyes, which means, congratulations, I cry when angry.
I wish I never was that impatient enough to get to that point when this happens.
While waiting on someone last week, I actually wrote a short freewrite that for now I'm keeping hidden except for the one part where I write about how I need some help in dealing with this.
It's one of the few things that I absolutely hate about myself, and I wish that it could disappear... but when I love, it's only more prominent.
And I'm scared that I will eventually lose some people because of this.
I know there is absolutely know way to stop expecting people to be there for me. I know they can't be there for me all the time, but when I love them THISMUCH I can't help it but expect it of them.
Maybe that's why some friendships fail with me; my expectations are just too high... or are they?

© 2012 Jessica O.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012

Author

Jessica O.
Jessica O.

Ranson, WV



About
I'm Jess. I'm a college third-year (wow, time flies too fast around here!) who plays piano and a little bit of flute, and sings. I'm a poet, therefore I'm a songwriter. I read a lot, and I don't do.. more..

Writing