Reincarnation of Romance Part I - Death

Reincarnation of Romance Part I - Death

A Poem by Jessi Leigh

She lies across an unforgiving path of rubble;
Her body beaten, broken, blue and frozen
The final flicker of her flame...Exhaled.
Too weak to cry, too numb to feel
She plays dead.

F**k the overwhelming juiciness of experience.

Memories once a Romance now play as a horror scenes across her minds eye.

It's just a movie. An illusion.


Writing poems, sending lyrics, arriving naked with nothing but a gold bow - a gift for you to unwrap! Candle light dinners, surprise secluded picnics, stolen kisses and dirty tangos across the dance floor.
Sensual massages, gentle kisses, shoulders strong enough for all your tears and fears...Stargazing, moonlight serenading, bubble blowing, bubble bathing, inner childing- "You got it all" she thinks.

All the warmth, all the light, all the love you lapped it up like a dog. Because it was there for free. At her own expense she now sees...


Bitter YES, broken YES, drowning in a pool of self-pity-worthlessness-anger-resentment-weakness numbness, fear.

Everyday...yes... She cannot scream or move, she fades...like a star


A fading star princess lying on a heap of unforgiving rubbish.

F**k romance. It's taken for granted in the end.


- Stay tuned for Part II - Life

© 2011 Jessi Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a sad death... It seems that through experiencing the undeserving,I now know what I deserve. We all learn in different ways, I seem to enjoy the pain before the pleasure

Posted 12 Years Ago


the saddest death to see is that of romance , especially at the cruel hands of the undeserving .

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love, relationships.... They are like flowers.... They bud, they bloom, they are filled with such beauty and then they die.... The cycle of life.... With the pleasure comes the pain. If anything, lately I've learned to ask myself this: Can you allow yourself to feel that pain, to dig into it, accept it and then to open your heart again for the next beautiful flower?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the meaning of this, up front and personal.
Romance is sweet but like everything else it really
doesn't last forever......

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2011

Author

 Jessi Leigh
Jessi Leigh

Cape Town, South Africa



About
I love to speak my mind. My words are rough and pretty raw. I get overwhelmed by life pretty easily, but love to push myself and see just how much I can take in. I'm here to learn, to grow, to e.. more..

Writing