White Wood

White Wood

A Story by ElizaB

I'd lost you. My pale figure of translucence; the keeper of dreams who transformed my days into bloodless nightmares. My world raining in pale confetti at your fingertips.

I am a ghost; haunting this wood of white. A drifter. Searching one empty face after another, longing to see yours looking back.

Mist swirls, accompanying my bleached existence, as I move alone, leaving frosted footprints admidst the crunch of copper leaves.

Your face out of sight, your thoughts out of your mind. The bark deserted of leaves, whispering ghost stories as they fall into light. Each slender curve exposed, yet proud against the silver morning. I remember you; dancing through these trees, in ivory, in pearls, your soul alight as they bloomed.

Away from me.

You and I, forever entwined; only in ash and memory. My pale toes tread the familiar, indenting deeper with time. I search beneath a fair sky, for all that we had. When my childhood held colour, instead of this adulthood of white.

© 2017 ElizaB


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is absolutely beautiful, I loved it. Very creative and imaginative with an abundance of vivid imagery, and superbly written to boot!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Holy wow! Your imagery creates such an eerie reverie. I could hear the crunch of leaves and found myself looking for the lost.

Your twist at the end being childhood, perhaps a childhood friend, perhaps a sibling, was heart wrenching. I had to go back and read from the top, and indeed, your landscape took on an even more white persona, devoid of the one who once added color.

Excellent work. Love your take on the picture! Thanks for your submission to the contest!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on May 4, 2017

Author

ElizaB
ElizaB

United Kingdom



Writing
Wisteria Walk Wisteria Walk

A Poem by ElizaB


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by ElizaB


Almost Almost

A Poem by ElizaB