Shade

Shade

A Story by ElizaB

I painted my lips the shade of pomegranate, hoping you'd notice. I doused myself in floral clouds, scents of lavender and gladious hoping you'd notice.

You didn't.

Just eyes for her. Lubberly and languid with Grenadine syrup about your lips. Stumbling over your hefty soul, right through me, to get to her. 

You; the tamper of my existence. Always pressing upon me; pushing upon me; driving me, to this... 

To trees; to woody splinters and dirt beneath my fingernails as I throw earth over my shoulder. 

Merry before midnight. Lively in light. Singing to the darkness. Dismissive of her face. I just let the tears glisten; fall to the clock, no hand to catch them, no hand to hold. Surrounded, only by tissues, soil and self pity. 

This canvas of life once filled with colour is now bleached; unravelled at your hand. Each ribbon crawls around my throat, much like your hands behind closed doors. 

I wait, in shade yet out of mind. A jackdaw song startling the early morning. 

I follow behind, hoping you'd notice. 

You didn't. 

© 2017 ElizaB


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bravo! I like this one. I enjoyed how you intertwined each word into your sad story. At least I find it as such. Not easy, sometimes, to gain the attentions of someone when they are falling all over themselves for another. Good job! Thank you for entering 10 Words I Give :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


You got really creative here. I tried writing a poem for that contest. Although I'm halfway done, it's a challenge and here you are with a great, well worded story. Kudos!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wicahpi

6 Years Ago

Take your time. You still have plenty of days to work on it. You'll get there. I'm looking forward t.. read more
ElizaB

6 Years Ago

Thanks guys!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on May 3, 2017

Author

ElizaB
ElizaB

United Kingdom



Writing
Wisteria Walk Wisteria Walk

A Poem by ElizaB


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by ElizaB


Almost Almost

A Poem by ElizaB