Cahselism Vol 1:Desires and Insight

Cahselism Vol 1:Desires and Insight

A Poem by Jgra
"

Not a poem, philosophical text.

"

Forward


There is so much uncertainty and confusion in the lives of human beings. This lack of clarity makes us so inefficient and ineffective in our pursuit of happiness and satisfaction in life. Do you honestly know exactly what you want in life, why you want it and have a plan to pursue it? You might know what you want to get out of the day or the week or the year, but what is your end goal in life? Imagine if we were all focused on exactly what we needed to do in order to live the best lives we could. Imagine if communities, cities, countries were all aware of what they needed to do together in order for everyone to have the freedom and power to live such lives.


But what is the end goal we need to be focused on?


It is cahsel.


Cahsel (Kah - Sehl) is the state of being honestly satisfied with one’s life at the point of one’s death from an insightful perspective of one’s nature and the nature of the world around one.


In its purest and most absolute form, it is the greatest outcome of life we as humans could ask for. I believe many of us currently, in one way or another, pursue cahsel in our lives without realizing it. However, the realization of and focus on the goal is what gives us the clarity to achieve it.


If we want satisfaction in life, why think only of our agendas in the day, month and year? The pursuit of cahsel must be divided into smaller goals, but to reach it we must never lose sight of it as the end goal.


            Desires



Forget everything you know for a moment. Look at the world and life existentially. We are 7.4 intelligent animals on a ball of land and water inside of a solar system, inside of a galaxy, inside of a universe. We are born, we live, then we die. But what is it that we as human beings do in our lives? Why do we do these things? What do we care about and why do we care about it?


We’re all different, we do and value different things. A Lot of us value the same things, survival, family, love, happiness etc. But what nature do we all share? We all want to satisfy our desires. By that, I mean simply, we all want things in life, and we try to obtain them. It could be to get married, to be rich and famous, for someone sick to get better, to get a job, to get a sandwich, or to just get high and forget about everything else. I’m not saying all the desires we have our desires we should or shouldn’t have, I’m just saying we have them, and we want them satisfied.


But we don’t have to satisfy all our desires, just our core desires. For most of the desires we have, they are a part of a bigger desire. For example, you may want a sandwich to satisfy your hunger, and you want to satisfy your hunger in order to survive and be comfortable. So you don’t need a sandwich as long as you are alive and completely comfortable, meaning you aren’t hungry. You can satisfy this desire with some pizza, it doesn’t have to be sandwich.

This same principle can be applied to things in our lives more important than sandwiches or pizza. Let’s say a man wants a promotion at his job. He wants the promotion because he wants money. He wants money because he wants his kids to go to good colleges. This is because he wants to provide for his children the best he can. So the man really doesn’t care about the promotion itself, providing for his children is his core desire.

The point is, we have desires that help satisfy deeper desires, and those desires help satisfy even deeper desires. It goes on until our core desires are satisfied. Core desires are desires that cannot be satisfied through any other desire being satisfied, they are not a part of any deeper desire. They are things like the desire to be loved, to be important to something bigger than yourself or to help others. Everyone on this planet does not have the same core desires. You have to look at the things you want in life, ask yourself why you want them. Go through this process until you have found your core desires.

So in reality, we as humans all want the same thing, complete satisfaction of our core desires. This is a fundamental part of cahsel. If we understand our core desires, we can clearly and purely focus on doing what is necessary to satisfy them. We can clarify and simplify our lives and be as efficient as possible in getting what we want.

Once you know what your core desires are, be determined to satisfy them in the most absolute and honest way you can. If your desire is to be close to other people, attempt to build a close-knit group of friends, and spend time with them regularly. If it is to live a life of adventure, go someplace new, travel as far as you can as opposed to watching people on TV do just that. Now I know we can’t just make these things happen because we want them to happen, but you have to try. Be persistent and determined to satisfy your deepest desires in life. If you can’t achieve your ideal satisfaction of your desire, get the best you can get. Strive for maximum fulfillment and don’t settle for anything less than the best you can get. This the way to true satisfaction in life.

Take your core desires, break them down into practical things you need to accomplish in order to satisfy them. Do the tasks leading to ultimate satisfaction with great diligence, but never forget your core desires.


Attempting to reach ultimate and absolute satisfaction in life will not be easy. You cannot give up or lose faith when you face hardship. Do pursue one desire until it gets hard, then chase another until it gets hard and continue to move from pursuit to pursuit, never completing anything. Once you have decided your means to satisfaction, commit to it until you achieve it.


When you pursue the satisfaction of your core desires, do not do so at the hindrance or harm of others. Do not be selfish or evil in your pursuits. It is vital we as humans, work together not against one another for all us to reach cahsel individually. The individual is to the community as the pillar is to the temple, if one descends into evil, the entire whole falls with it.


Just because you’re trying to satisfy a core desire, doesn’t mean it's necessarily a selfish pursuit. You may have a core desire to help someone you care about, you don’t want to help them to feel better yourself, you genuinely care about the person, their core desire becomes your core desire because you are linked to them. When two people truly care about one another, their core desires become the same. I am not suggesting you look out only for yourself.


Do not fall into over-indulgence or narcissism. They are to be avoided because they stop people from reaching true satisfaction. Narcissism is all about tricking yourself and others into believing in something you’re not. It is essentially believing your own lie that your life is perfect and you are who you exactly want to be. It is false satisfaction. It is anti-cahsel.

Overindulgence is spending too much time chasing temporary satisfactions. It isn’t false satisfaction like narcissism, but it distracts you from your important core desires by fulfilling small cravings and giving you little joys. If one spends too much time enjoying indulgences they lose sight of their main goals and are hindered from reaching them. In the end, one who practices over-indulgence will be left with emptiness.


There are infinite amount of vices in chasing cahsel. I do not need to list them all and admonish of them. FInd your core desires, chase their absolute satisfaction diligently and do not do so at the harm or hindrance of others, whether it may be directly or inadvertently.


      Insightful Perspective


In the definition of cahsel it is stated one must be “satisfied with one’s life at the point of one’s death from an insightful perspective of one’s nature and the nature of the world around one.” There has been elaboration on satisfaction in one’s life through pursuing one’s core desires. But why must we have an insightful perspective of our nature and the nature of the world around us?


When you have an insightful perspective of your life and your world and you can better decide what it is that brings you true satisfaction. If a person just blindly chases ignorant bliss, once they look back on their actions, they will be regretful and without satisfaction. Insight allows you to live a life you won’t regret later and stops you from chasing temporary or false satisfaction.


We can accomplish such perspective by actively questioning the nature of ourselves and the world around us. For there are answers we may never find, but there are no questions we cannot ask. When you have asked all the questions you have, and found all the answers possible, you have reached an insightful perspective.


The questioning of one’s nature and pursuit of one’s core desires being satisfied go hand in hand. You must question why you do things in order to find your core desires and avoid narcissism and over-indulgence. If we never question ourselves, we can never change ourselves, we can never progress.


There is a saying “ignorance is bliss”. The ones who don’t trouble themselves about why they do what they do or why things are the way they are can tell themselves whatever they like. They can do whatever they please because they are unaware if it harms others or is false, because they are ignorant. If they were aware of those things, they would not be ignorant.

The ones that question things, seek truth and elevated perspective, begin to see through their own narcissistic lies and how their actions affect others. They are forced to live with harsh truths. However, all humans are ignorant, we know so little compared all that we can know. So how can we reach an insightful perspective if there will always be a perspective more insightful?

Well by asking questions. Stated earlier “there are answers we may never find, but there are no questions we cannot ask”. As we learn, our core desires change. When we were little, many of us only desired candy and toys. But we learn toys simulate things we actually want to do and people we want to be like, and candy is just a temporary indulgence, we start to desire other things. We start to progress. So the problem with living in ignorant bliss is that isn’t truthful, and given a chance to reflect we may see its folly.

So in combining the two pursuits of satisfying one’s core desires and questioning the nature of things to gain wisdom and insight, we chase cahsel. To be wise and satisfied is the greatest state we can ask for, it is cahsel.


In conclusion, pursue your core desires, question everything and help instead of harm or hinder others. In other words be as diligent, wise and kind as you can. If you do this, you will be chasing cahsel, and in this practice I truly and strongly believe you will find an outcome in life better than any other that is attainable.















©  2016 Jack Grace All rights Reserved

© 2016 Jgra


Author's Note

Jgra
Rough Draft please tell me separately your thoughts on the ideas and your criticisms of the writing quality

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is outstanding. I liked the logic and the way you described Cahselism. I believe we rarely find peace and proper place. Cahselism would be a good place to know and be. Would be difficult for most to learn. A world led by greed and need. Rarely can find peace. Thank you for sharing your words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jgra

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading I'm glad you enjoyed
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I did and you are welcome.



Reviews

I really like the last paragraph especially because it says to question everything. For me I do like to question everything and I quite agree with your philosophy there. Even though having a curious mind does bug the crap out of people that know me I do like to question things because I want to know where they came from and I would like to know both sides of an argument. I still have my own opinions that I formulated from questioning things and overall a question can lead to many answers and options. I want saw a post on social media about an inspirational quote that went something like: if you don't ask the answer is always no.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jgra

7 Years Ago

It was socrates who said it best "the unexamined life is not worth living" with out asking questions.. read more
GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Great! I like philosophy stuffs aND just learning about ethics and morals. A gooder, intelligent deb.. read more
Jgra

7 Years Ago

Hit me up anytime [email protected]
This is outstanding. I liked the logic and the way you described Cahselism. I believe we rarely find peace and proper place. Cahselism would be a good place to know and be. Would be difficult for most to learn. A world led by greed and need. Rarely can find peace. Thank you for sharing your words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jgra

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading I'm glad you enjoyed
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I did and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016

Author

Jgra
Jgra

Chicago, IL



About
Read my stuff give me feedback. more..

Writing
Realization Realization

A Poem by Jgra



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tryst Tryst

A Poem by thaleeyaLuna