Chapter 1: Life

Chapter 1: Life

A Chapter by נнα∂єи♥
"

10/16/10.

"
There was a screaming inside Anna's head as she looked to her left, seeing the out-of-control car speeding towards her way.  She had driven only down the street, a few miles from the school, and something bad was already happening.

S**t, she thought in pure panic as the car continued coming.  She saw the driver, looking her straight in the eyes in terror, unable to control the wheel of his car. 

This is the end.  This is it.

"No!" Anna screamed, and she collided with the other car, both spinning wildly.  The brakes were jammed, and Anna shut her eyes, not wanting to see what happened after this.

I'm dying.




"She's awake."

Eyes rolling in her head, Anna groaned.  Hearing anticipated whispers from the surrounding people, she thought, I'm still alive?  I can't be.

Opening her eyes slowly, she was face-to-face with several of her family members; her mother, a worried look on her face; her father, a grim expression lingering on his face; her older brother Thomas, his mouth wide open in shock; and some people that she didn't recognize.  Narrowing her eyes, Anna felt a sharp pain in her left shoulder as she struggled to move, and she let out a strangled cry.

"Anna!  Don't move," her mother's tearful voice told her.  "You're... do you remember what happened?"

"No," Anna replied groggily.  She wanted everyone to get the hell out of her room and let her rest, although she knew that they cared about her.  Sighing deeply, she tried to ignore the pain in her shoulder as it became stronger.

"Anna, you got in a car crash," her mother said to her seriously.  "You..." She stifled a sob.  "You broke your shoulder blade, and you had to get surgery."

With a grunt, Anna closed her eyes again, hearing another sob from her mother.  I am so dead, she thought, a throbbing pain beginning to happen in her head.  It's not possible that I'm alive.

"You're not, Anna."

Startled, Anna's eyes shot open and she fought the temptation to lunge forward.  Her vision was still blurred, and she peered around the room, wondering who had said that.

She found them.

She was starring at a tall, pale figure directly in front of her that seemed to be floating.  She appeared as if she was from a fantasy world - her skin was so pale that it didn't seem human, and her eyes... she had no pupils.  They were an impossible silver, staring at her, and the figure blinked them slowly.  Her clothing was dark.  She wore a gaunt, ripped dress, belted with felt of some sort, and buckled boots, worn and frayed.  The most impressive thing about her was her... wings.  Skeletal and white, they stood tall above her head. 

Anna shivered.  Who was she?

"Who... who are you?"

The figure narrowed her eyes.  "Anna, they can't hear or see me.  It sounds to them as if you've gone insane."

"I don't care, d****t!  Who the hell are you?"

Her parents and brother looked at their distressed daughter, wondering what the hell she was talking about.  "Anna..?" Thomas questioned.  "Are you okay?"

"No," Anna hissed, gripping the sheets that covered her body.  "Doesn't... doesn't anybody SEE that?!  That... that thing?!"

Still looking at her as if she were crazy, her parents whispered something to each other.  "Anna, we'll leave you alone for a few minutes."

"No!" Anna screamed.  Her eyes glared at the figure, who was smirking.  "How can you NOT see that?"

Leaving the room despite their daughter's protests, her parents were muttering to each other.  The pale figure approached Anna's bed, and she received a glare from the distressed teenager.

"Don't touch me," Anna snapped.  "I don't even know who you are.  Why can't anyone besides me see you?  Am I hallucinating?"

"No."

The figure smiled slightly, confusing Anna even more.  Her eyes flickered in the bright light, and she spoke again.  "Anna, this is real.  You can only see me because you faced death... and lived."

"What the hell...?"

Her eyes blazing in frustration, the figure sighed.  "The accident.  The other driver died in the crash, but you didn't.  You both were supposed to die.  That's what I wanted to happen."

Anna's mouth dropped open, and she sat up, ignoring the searing pain.  "I don't even know who you are," she told the figure, "and you're telling me that you want to kill me?  I've never seen you before in my life, and apparently no one else has either!"

"Oh, no."  The dark figure shook her head, stretching her gaunt wings slightly.  "Others have seen me before."

Anna's eyes flashed in anger.  "You're not telling me ANYTHING," she snarled at the figure.  "Who.  Are.  You?"

The figure hesitated, but she then spoke.  "I'm... I'm a dark elf."

"What the hell?" Anna laughed slightly, coughing.  "An elf?  I'm not in kindergarten.  Why would I believe that?"

"Don't believe me?" The dark elf's otherworldly eyes narrowed, and she beckoned with a sharp finger to Anna.  "Come with me."



© 2010 נнα∂єи♥


Author's Note

נнα∂єи♥
Comment please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

HOMYGODTHSIISAWESOME! Sooooooooooooo glad that Maddie told me to read this. THIS. IS. THE. SHIZ. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dark Elf's personality. The way that you made Anna seem like she'd gone insane was hilarious. Awesome. Just awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
OMG!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! I love this!! I can't wait to find out what the heck the elf is talking about! And where they go! And what happens!! And everything else!! I was totally not expecting an elf, that's for sure. I was expecting a normal teenager book (imagine that, silly me) and I am so glad it's not!! But the elf sounds SO cool, with it's wings and everything!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


update really soon this is awesome

Posted 13 Years Ago


OhmyJesusGodthissoundssoamazingomgomgomgomgupdatenow! *breath* Ahem. Anyway. What I was TRYING to say is that "I love this" ^_^ Seriously, though. It's very exciting and interesting, and I loved it. Ooh, the elf chick still hasn't told us her name yet... I wonder what it is? I would be weirded out if I were Anna, too. She's not the only one... :P Cliff-hanger ending, which leaves me breathless for the next chapter! It makes me wonder... WHAT THE HELL IS ELF-CHICK TALKING ABOUT?! xD Anyway, I freaking loved this. UPDATE!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2010
Last Updated on October 17, 2010
Tags: accident, death, fantasy, figure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..