What Is Right About Why I Write?

What Is Right About Why I Write?

A Story by Jimtenbo
"

Written for the 'Why I Write' contest. Just a small piece about why I write and do what I do.

"

Why do I write? What makes me want to paint a black and white canvas of squiggles and symbols? There's no exact science behind it. Writing is just the thing I seem to be the best at out of everything I've attempted in the past. I have other skills, other hobbies. However, writing is just something that happened to come along in my life, and it gripped me in a tight embrace that never ceased. It bore into me, sinking a literary drill into my very essence.


Writing is fun. It's something to do when I'm not delving head-first into the works of someone else. It's as simple as that. Why try and put a reason on something that doesn't require a reason? Why do people like to play music? Because they can. What makes someone want to be an animator? They just do. Sure there may be influences and such, but at the end of the day they do it because that's what they do. Call it fate or not; it just happens that way.


Why all the questions? That's why I write. I write to question myself. I write to question the world. Through the power of words one can attempt to define what's around them, what they are doing, and why they feel the way they feel.


Okay; the above is all needless cliché drivel.


Why do I write?


I write, simply because.

© 2016 Jimtenbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on October 30, 2016
Last Updated on October 30, 2016
Tags: why I write, personal, contest

Author

Jimtenbo
Jimtenbo

Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan



About
A typical guy. The less you know, the better. I just love to write. more..

Writing
Reboot Reboot

A Story by Jimtenbo