Chapter Three: The Ledge

Chapter Three: The Ledge

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

CHAPTER Three: The Ledge

          “Sarah!” Ieva shouted after she gasped for air. “Please… stop stop stop stop stop.”

          “Oh quit complaining, we’re almost there.”

          “Please…” Ieva begged.

          “Ugh! Fine.” Sarah complained, stopped and released Ieva’s wrist as she watched Ieva slouch over and place her hands on her slightly bent knees.

          “What are you in a rush for anyway? It’s not like you’re in any rush to get back home.”

          “That’s why I’m in a hurry.”

          “Huh?”

          “I want us to relax and spend as much time there before we have to go home.” Sarah said softly as she turned her attention towards the path leading into the forest. “It would be peaceful…”

          “Peaceful… with you?”

          “Eh?”

          “Oh nothing… nothing♫.” Pushing off her knees with her hands, Ieva began walking towards the forest. “Well, let’s get going.”

          Catching up with Ieva, Sarah started whistling and moving her shoulders in a dancing manner.

          “You’re such a goofball!” Ieva shouted as she laughed.

          Listening to sound of fallen leaves and grass as they began their journey, Ieva looked up at the trees as light from the sun fought its way through into the forest to give them light as Sarah watched left and right as birds flew pass.

          “You know what Sarah…” Ieva paused her words as she took a slow deep breath. “This was a really great idea.”

          “Yea… I don’t know why we haven’t done this before.”

          “So, where to now?”

          “Um…” Sarah thought to herself as she seen two split paths, one with more sunlight than the other. “Let’s take the one on the left.”

          “What!?” Ieva said as she looked at her friend. “That one is kind of dark don’t you think?”

          “Chicken eh?”

          “NO!” Ieva frowned as Sarah laughed at her.

          “Fine… we can take the one on the right, but next time we will take the other one. Deal?”

          “Deal.” Ieva said with a smile.

          “Ok chicken, lets go.” Sarah said with a smile as Ieva pouted. “Why you looking at me like that eh? Wanna give me a kiss eh? Okay, come her Ieva.”
          “Sarah you’re such a weirdo!” Ieva said as she laugh. “Ah! Get away from me you dork!”

          Holding Sarah by her shoulders to keep from getting a smooch, Ieva laughed and stumbled back and fell to the ground with Sarah landing on top of her.

          “Sarah stop it! stop stop stop!” Ieva said while laughing. “Are you going to actually kiss me?”

          “Eh?” Sarah said as her eyes widen and her mouth dropped. “Ewww. What gave you the impression I wanted to kiss you?” She said as she stood up and helped her best friend back to her feet.

          “Um… you closing in for the kill with them fat lips.”

          “Hey, say that again and I’ll give you a fat lip.” Sarah said as she balled her fist.

          “Yikes ok ok ok.”

          “Now come here and give me that kiss!”

          “Sarah!” Ieva shouted as she laughed and ran down the lighted path in the forest as Sarah chased her.

          Hearing strange noises as she ran from her predator, Ieva slowed down until she stopped.

          “Ieva?” Sarah said as she caught up. “What’s wrong?”

          “I don’t know. I thought I heard something over there.” She said as she pointed with her eyes.

          “Well, let’s go take a look eh?” Sarah said as she walked towards Ieva’s mystery wound.

          “Sarah…”

          Joining her friend instead of trying to stop her from pursuing the noise, Ieva walked right behind Sarah as she pushed the branches and tall grass out of their way.

          “Ugh!” Sarah shouted as she pushed everything out her way. “Get your patookie up here and help me Ieva! Eh? Never mind.” Sarah said as she stopped. “Wow, now this is cool.”

          “What? Let me see. Scoot over Sarah.”

          Stepping around Sarah and looking forward, Ieva saw a long and wide brick ledge that went out over a steep hill.

          “Looks like we found the perfect spot Ieva.” Walking around Ieva, Sarah made her way over to the ledge scanned the view. “How come we never knew about this place?” She asked only to get no answer. “Ieva, come check this out. If we dropped from here, how long do you think it would take us to go splat eh?”

          “Ok…” Ieva said as she took a step back. “I’m not coming near you right now. Your going crazy.”

          “Eh? Me? Crazy? Eh? Eh?”

          “You see!?” Ieva paused as a strong wind passed them by. “I think it’s time we move from the ledge. We could actually fall.”

          Naw, we’re not going to fall, your just scared of heights”

          “Yeah, that too. So lets go”

          “Ieva! What was that noise?”

          As they both turned around, they saw John walk out of a busy looking at them with a mean smug. “What are you two losers doing here?”



© 2012 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing