Amaru

Amaru

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

This is just a scene that popped into my head one day. I haven't tried making a story that surrounds this scene. I just wrote it as is, so I hope you all like it. And plase review.

"

~Amaru~

Written By: Johnny Lee

 

          "Amaru!!" Luna screamed as he laid on the floor surrounded by raging fires within a wooden crackling cabin. "Get up. Please Amaru get up!!" She screamed as tears ran down her eyes. Quickly stepping over fallen wood from the ceiling and a body, she reached Amaru and saw him unconscious with his sword still placed in his left hand. Dropping to her knees in front of him as she placed her hands on his shoulders and shook him, she then continued to yell until he opened his eyes. "Don't scare me like that, get up we need to get out of here." Slowly sitting up as the raging fire grew, Luna stood up and took a step back away from him. Finally getting to his feet, he stood in front of her looking behind her. "Huh? What's wrong?"

She said as she turned her head and saw that the man that she stepped over was now also on his feet. With soft spoken words, Amaru told her to stand back as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind him. "Look, when I charge at him... you make sure you get yourself out of here. Got that?" He said as he looked at the other man with hatred in his eyes. "Armaru?" "Do as I say." "I'm not leaving without you!"     "Yes you are. Now get ready." He said as he held his sword out in front of him, pointing towards his enemy with his other hand at his side. "Can't we just run?" She asked. "If we try to run he'll kill us both, then the people on this planet. I'm not about to let that happen." "But..." "D****t Luna just do what I say!" Taking a quick step back, she looked at Amaru and knew that he wasn't going to back down. "Okay." She replied, letting him know that she will do as he asks. "But don't go dieing on me, you got that Amaru?" Taking a moment to reply, he then nodded his head and took a step forward. Before he knew it, she stood in front of him looked up into his eyes.

          Pressing her body up against his, she hugged him, believing that the worst was about to happen to him. "I love you Amaru." She said as he wrapped his free right arm around her, hugging her back. With no time to reply to what she said, Amrau pushed her out of the way as he saw the other man charging at him. Putting up his defense with his silver sword. Sword collided with sword as sparks flew into the air from both swords scraping one another. "Luna, get out of here now!!" "Okay." She replied with concern then made way towards the outside of the cabin. Finally making it out, she looked on as she saw that the rest of the village was on fire. Knowing the best way to escape the deadly temperature, she made her way towards the outside of the village as she could still hear swords colliding from Amaru and the other man.

 

 

© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting scene, and yes, definitely part of something larger- watch the inconsistencies though-- sitting up SLOWLY as a raging fire grows- probably not.
OKAY- too many
Stick with the he said, she saids and let the action dictate the emotion of the speaker

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was recommended by my good friend Kena to check your work out, so here I am.

Wow, I would love to know what happens next. She was submissive to his demands, for he is sure to know best.

Descriptive words through out this section, with an ending that begs for more!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good read. I felt the passion and urgency in this piece. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting scene, and yes, definitely part of something larger- watch the inconsistencies though-- sitting up SLOWLY as a raging fire grows- probably not.
OKAY- too many
Stick with the he said, she saids and let the action dictate the emotion of the speaker

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A love affair discovered in the midst of a battle. I love it. =]

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Never Never

A Poem by Pinky