Chapter VI

Chapter VI

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

Chapter VI ©

Teleporting into the dim halls of their hideout, Luna listened as she heard many men laughing and yelling from rooms away. Hearing her brother’s voice within the group, Luna turned to his voice and followed it through the dirty dim halls that where lit with torches that where placed in their holes on the dirty wooden walls. Getting closer and closer to the room where her brother’s voice came from, Luna stopped and quickly turned around as she felt a cold chill slither down her spine. Looking through the dirty halls, she then quickly looked down and watched as a rat ran past her feet with some crust from a piece of bread.

Knowing that the rat wasn’t what she was sensing, Luna once again let her eyes wonder through the halls and walked backwards closer and closer to her brother’s loud voice. Not hearing her brother’s voice anymore as she turned around and took a quick step, she ran into someone who felt like a brick wall. Stepping back and pushing her hair away from her eyes and to the side, she saw that it was her brother standing before her.

“What’s wrong Luna? Why are you walking through the halls like that?” He asked as he looked her into the eyes only for her to reject him and turn her head.

“It’s, it’s nothing.” She answered softly as she looked behind over her shoulders, only to see that the only thing behind her was the rat eating the crust of bread.

“Looks like something to me.”

“Just leave me alone!”

“Luna you’re the only…”

“I’m not about to listen to another lecture from you…big brother.” She said with anger as she interrupted him in the middle of his sentence.

“Very well then.” Troy replied as he stood to the side to let her continue down the dim lit halls.

Walking past Troy, she stopped for a mere moment and looked back at her brother as he once again began talking. “You know where I’ll be if you may need me.” Nodding her head, and then turning her attention back towards the front of her, she replied as she walked further and further away from him. “I don’t need you to protect me Troy, I’m not a little girl anymore.”

Hearing a door shut as she continued walking down the halls, she knew that her brother went back into the room with his group of warriors and friends. Turning back to take a look, she saw that both her brother and the hungry rat where no longer in sight.

“A rat!! Kill iiiitt!” Troy’s voice came from inside the room and filled the hallways with echoes as his warriors threw chairs and kept the halls filled with booming echoes and laughter.

Turning back towards her destination with a smile on her face, Luna jumped as she briefly saw an old man’s face in front of hers. Jumping back and casting lightning from her left hand to strike the old man’s face, the lightning bolt went straight threw the face and hit the wall further down the hall as her magic shook their hideout and created a loud bang. Watching as the face smiled and vanished, she heard a door from behind her open with feet quickly rushing to her position.

“Luna!!” Her brother yelled out with worries written all over his face.

Keeping her feet planted to the floor and turning her upper body good enough to look at her brother, she took a quick glance at him then looked back in front of her.

“Mushin’s here. He found us out.”

“What!?” Shocked from his sister’s words, a tremendous explosion came from above them and shook their hideout.

“They’re attacking from the outside, we need to stop them! Balthier!” Troy shouted, calling one of his comrades until he showed his presence.

“Sir!”

“You’re in charge of the group until I meet up with you. Get out there and attack. My sister and I will be out there to aid you soon, so don’t get yourselves kill out there alright?”

“Yes sir!” Balthier replied as he grabbed his unique multi bow and arrows and rushed through the halls with everyone following behind him.

Looking at her brother as the sound of feet fainting through the halls, she watched as he nodded and turned his back towards her.

“Troy, why aren’t we going with them?”

“Were you attending to leave your friend here for the ceiling to crumble on him? I can give a damn about him, but your comrade is my comrade.” He said as he began walking down the hall in a quick pace with his little sister right behind.

Getting further and further down the halls as the hideout continued to shake, causing cement, wood, and chunks of dirt to fall from the ceiling and torches fall to the ground. Both stopping as they listened and heard quick footsteps rushing towards their position. Pushing his sister to the side of the wall and looking down the dark hall to see that someone’s shadow was rushing towards him, Troy cracked his knuckles and was now ready for battle. As the shadow got to his position, Troy swung, only to miss as the shadow ducks. Troy looked down towards the floor to only find a foot coming up and contacting with his jaw, sending him stumbling backwards towards the wall.

“I’ve been waiting too damn long to do that!” Roq shouted as Luna looked and rushed over to his side.

“Are you alright?”

“What the hell is going on here?”

“We’re under attack.”

“Under attack!? By who?”

“By the king and the ones who took your friend, we need to get out of here now!” Grabbing his right wrist only for him to snatch away, she turned and looked at his face only to see anger.

“ Roq…”

“Luna, your starting to piss me off! What do you want from me huh!?”

“It’s not what I want from you, it’s what you’re going to do for the better.”

“Make sense damn it!”

With them both in each other’s face, Troy cracked his neck and rushed Roq’s position. Grabbing Roq by his neck and lifting him in the air, they both now looked each other eye to eye.

“Stop with all the damn questions. We need to get the hell out of here. I don’t like you, so I’ll gladly kill, but only when we get outside. Now shut the hell up and follow us, and try to keep up!” Throwing him onto the wall, and watching him slide down, Troy then made a dash through the hallway as Luna once again grabbed Roq’s wrist and followed right behind her brother.

“Luna…wait!” Roq yelled as she stopped and looked at him.

“What is it?”

“What about my sword?”

“Don’t worry, we’re heading that way. And let us stick by each other out there alright?” Luna asked to receive a nod from Roq. Smiling, Luna released his arm and dashed down the hall to catch up with her brother, and behind her, Roq.

Feeling a breeze and smelling mage’s powder and blood from the outside air, Roq knew that they weren’t too far from a war. “Roq, over there to your right, grab it!” Luna demanded as she continued haste behind Troy. Stopping and looking to his right, he saw something wrapped in a thick tan cloth. Grabbing it and removing the cloth, Roq’s eyes widened is he recovered two double edged swords with red gold hilts.

“Thank…you…Luna.” Roq muttered as a smirk slowly grew on his face with happiness. Turning and heading in the direction of Luna and Troy, Roq finally made it outside to the battlefield only to see a large scale battle.

 



© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Must write more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bravo! I am looking forward to reading more of this wonderful story - so let me know when you post up some more!! Excellent work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well to the end of what you have written so far.......I quit enjoyed this work so far and can not wait until you add more to this piece........send read request when you add on to this piece......can not wait to see where you take the story from here........

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dramatic improvement. Looking good. Keep it up.

SS

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..