The One & The Other

The One & The Other

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

This is a story about a girl who has to choose between two men that she loves. Know that both love her back, she aches with pain as she tries to figure out who to be with. Read to see what happens.

"

 The One and The Other

Written By: Johnny L. Westbrook (Spade)
As she stands at her window thinking about her predicament, she glances out the window and watch as life passes by.
“Damn…” she says as she softly places her left hand on the window frame. “What do I do?” She asked herself.
Thinking about the two men then make her happy, she wonders who is the right one for her, the one she lives with, or the one that’s further away. Loving both and knowing both love her back, she takes a hard swallow and closes her eyes, praying to make the right decision for herself.
Turning as she hears her i-phone ringing on her bed with one of her favorite songs, she knew it was one of the guys she loved. Just as she takes her hand off the window and steps towards the phone, a knock came from outside her door and she completely froze. Looking at the phone as a photo of one of the guys she loved popped up, she then herd the voice of the other outside her bedroom door.
“Are you in there?” He asked as she closed her eyes and listened to his lovely voice. “Are you coming out?” He continued to ask questions, not knowing what is going on in her mind, and what is confusing her heart.
“In…in a little while.” She answered with a crackling sound in her voice.
Turning back to look at her phone, she noticed that a voice mail was left on her phone by the other guy. Quickly reaching for the phone, she picked the phone up and began to press the button to listen to the voice mail, but stopped.
“Should I listen to it?” She asked herself.
Taking another swallow as her heart begins to pound faster, she finally presses the voice mail button and listens to the message on the phone.
“Hey princess.” Her lover calls her. “Just calling to see what you’re up to tonight.” He said as she smiled. “I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight and watch a movie with me. And… I…” She then places all her focus on the words he was saying as he now got all of her attention. “And I just wanted to see your lovely smile. I love making you laugh. Well umm….. I guess I’ll go now. Love you. Stay safe princess.”
Closing her eyes as she pressed end call, tears slid from her eyes, down to her jaw and dripped down on her lap as she began to cry, not know what to do, felling that no matter whom she chooses, she looses.
Opening back up her eyes and messing with her i-phone, she goes to his picture and smiles as her heartbeat finally begins to slow down. Loving the way he treats her and sweet talks her, she starts to think that he’s the right one for her, but then thinks about her other love, who she sees everyday, the one that currently holds her in his warm arms at night.
As the phone vibrates in her hand, she quickly jumps then looked down at her phone to see that she got a message from a close friend of hers. Opening the message up, she begins to read…
Her girl what’s up? I’m going to the mall in a few minutes to put some new clothes and shoes. I know you always buy a pair of shoes so I wanted to know if you wanted to come up there with me. I could use your help with finding a new dress. What do you say?”
P.S. What’s up with them two guys your seeing? You’re lucky as hell! Muah!!!”
Frowning her face, she hated the word lucky at this moment, as she knows that luck is far from her right now, only two broken hearts, hers and the one she doesn’t choose. Replying to her friend’s text she writes back that she can’t go, that she has something that she really needs to take care of at the moment.
Sending the message and looking over at her battery life, she saw that the phone battery was on its last bar. Starting two think about both guys once more, the phone rang and it was her distant lover. Not hesitating and pressing the talk button, she says “hello”, but it’s too late, her phone dies on her before he could hear her answer from the other end.
“DAMN IT!!” She cries as she throws her i-phone across the room and placed her elbows on her lap and her hands on her face and began to once again cry with pain in her heart. Slowly lifting her head up, she looks into the mirror across the room from her and sees herself in the mirror. Not able to look at herself any longer, she turned her head as she felt that she was looking at the manipulating demon within her. A Siren of the Gods, one who causes men to fall in love with her from her voice, only to mislead them and kill them by breaking there hearts.
Look over at the window, she squinted her eyes as the sun’s bright rays blinded her sight from the outside world. Lowering her head and letting her eyes adjust back to the damp lighting in the room, she then raised her head and looked directly at her i-phone.
“I….I need to talk to him.” She said to herself. “But what do I say? Damn it! What do I do?” she muttered as her heart sped back up.
Rising from her bed, she walked over to a pile of clothes, where he phone landed, and picked it up. Taking it to the corner of her bed, she puts the phone on charge and waits impatiently for it to charge up a bit before pressing power.
Not waiting any longer, she presses the power button and the phone turns on. Waiting for everything to load up, a message popped up on her screen.
“You have 2 new text messages.” The phone read.
Checking her text, hoping for it to be her lover, she was that neither of the messages were from him, but from her friend again.
“Hey, I just bought me a dress and I want you to check it out and tell me what you think alright? I bet you love it.”
“Love? What’s love?” she said to herself in depression and closing out of her message box. Looking through her missed calls, she saw that her lover haven’t called since the phone died, and wondered why he hasn’t tried calling back. “Why isn’t he calling me back?” She asked herself. “Is it because…” She stopped and looked at her phone as it vibrated in her hand once more.
“You have 1 new text.” The phone read.
Going to her message box once more, she saw that this time it was from her lover and quickly opened up the message.
“Hey princess.” He called her once more. “I’m guessing that you don’t want to talk to me right now because your still trying to figure out if you want to be with me or him.” He said, reminding her that she told him everything about what’s going on. “That’s cool, I guess. Just wish I could see you. Well I’m going to go grab a bite to eat at our favorite restaurant right now. I’m going to be there for a half hour so if you want to meet up, come on down, if you don’t want to, then I understand. Hope to talk to you later. Love you.” His message ended.
Going to the reply button on her phone and texting back, “Give me a few minutes, I’ll try to make it. I’ll let you know soon if I can.”
Pressing send as a knock for the other side of her door sounded throughout the room, she looked over at the door and stood up.
“You still in there?” the guy said from the other side of the door.
Not answering, she whipped away her tears, walked over to the door and opened it.
“I’m about to go out and grab something to eat.” He said as her eyes widened, surprised to hear the same words that her other lover said to her. “You want to come be my date?” He asked. “And I was wondering since that kiss we had and our little talk…” He paused for a split second then continued. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked as she lowered her head for a few seconds, then raised it back up as she opened her mouth to answer his question with a simple yes or no.
 
…THE END…

 

© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


Author's Note

Johnny Westbrook
Please Review and let me know what you think about this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dam it! I was expecting her to chose someone. But i think this ending best suites the story. and, i agree with everyone else, you left your audience on edge the whole time, then ended nicely with a cliffhanger. nicely done.

But i think it needs to be polished up a bit (with grammer and spelling), then you will have a brilliant story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good job...I think she chose the guy who lived far away, he was so kind and loving to her, I could just tell by how he spoke to her. But back to the actual piece...I loved it! Very well written and attention grabbing. It kept my attention all the way through, and evoked many emotions. I almost felt like crying with her! Thank you so much for sending me this read request, Johnny. You are an awesome writer.

-Jane

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What? Where is the ending? Very nice, but this is just crying for the story to go on. I really liked it and it really shows the pain of her decision. Apart from some spelling mistakes, this is on its way. Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good job johnny. you know i liked this one from the beginning. seems dramatic, and
that's what I like!! you made the characters very believable, which is hard
for a man to write from a woman's point of view, and I love the fact you
took on that challenge. Maybe you can expound on this idea,
a prelude to what is to come?????

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nooooooooo...
you left me hanging...

lol...but serious, its a nice piece of work
you got me feeling for both the guys and the girl...
a short piece but it is very emotional
in the end, it all comes down to a simple yes or no
^-^;
but like in life, the process to get to that decision is so much more then being simple

good write, seriously
^^

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A decision that seems to take her through emotionally
I thought it was very well set up to a certain moment
in her struggle of emotions for the two guys she obviously loves,
it seems to me that she would go for the one that lives further away,
you know, her tearful moments when she thinks of him or sees his picture.
Just what I picked up from the story, and it was all written very excellently
it followed through with the things that happen!

I thought it was really excellent!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2274 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 18, 2008
Last Updated on October 18, 2008

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..