Fever Dream

Fever Dream

A Poem by Jacob Mahurien
"

A poem I wrote after I woke up from a fever dream.

"

Burning! Burning! Burning! The fire outside is Burning!

And the snake that saw the fire slithering faster than before!

"Time! Time! Oh, the passing of Time! The wingless bird called, higher than before!

" Like A ship on the ocean, never ceasing always floating! The snake called, slithering quicker than before!

"Like a ship always floating! Rocking! Rocking! on stormy seas, Rocking!" Bellows the answer-less wind through the ship's tattered sails! "Rocking, Rocking! Harder than before!

          Burning! Burning! Burning! Brighter than before! The slithering snake that embraced the fire, indulging his every desire! The snake called through the fire, "Burning Brighter Than Before!"


The world's gone mad! madder than before!" Called I from inside of the fire, "Mad! Mad! Madder than before!" Laughed the answer-less wind, much louder than before!

"A ship can't steer the ocean! Despite it’s constant trying Tossed by it's winds and motion!" Called the ocean through it's winds and motions, much stronger than before!

© 2016 Jacob Mahurien


Author's Note

Jacob Mahurien
Just tell me whatcha think and anyway to make things better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016

Author

Jacob Mahurien
Jacob Mahurien

About
I write short stories and poetry, usually dealing with the occult and the supernatural. Though I occasionally dabble into romance and things. Whatever suits my fancy at the moment. more..

Writing