Mind Of A Teen

Mind Of A Teen

A Story by JodieAnne
"

Sometimes even the best of us have our down days and sometimes all that can help is to have a little rant.

"

No one ever asked me why I took up writing. Why I randomly one day decided to turn to a pen and paper instead of a person. Or maybe they did, maybe they just never asked the right questions, at the right time.

Nobody asked me why I'd rather read a book instead of going out and socialising. No one ever asked me why I became this person.

The thing about books are, the story at one point always becomes predictable. That the answer would always be in the question. However, reality is different, you never know what life your going to get, you never know who your going to become, or how you'll get there. Lifes a whirlwind of exams and life changing obstacles.

I consider myself a good person, I never intentionally go out of my way to hurt somebody else, I try my hardest to be better than certain people think I will be.

I believe people doubt my abilities. Writing is who I am, its who I'm supposed to me. I don't write to judge people, I don't write to hurt other people or mark my opinions. I write because words are what saved me. I write because a pen and paper, a keyboard and memo folder helped me get over hard, life changing parts of my past.

I write not just because I don't trust the people who love me but because sometimes its hard admitting not only to yourself but to other people that you aren't happy. That maybe, just maybe I might need their help more than I lead them to believe.

Believing nobody cared was easier, I won't lie. Then no one could disappoint me, no one could upset me if they left. I wouldn't feel the familiar pain of guilt.

I don't like how this life is. However, I know there's things to look forward to. I'm just wasting time.

Getting through life as quick as the wind, no stumbling and hanging back, as fast as I can.

Just to see the person or thing that made this life and ask why. Why me? Why this life? What reason did I, me, need to go through all of the battling I have gone through? And then I'd ask was it worth it? Was it a good show? And then I'd say I hope it was, and that I hope no one else has to replay that life over again, because it hurts, and it isn't fun.

© 2015 JodieAnne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a good venting which hopefully has made you feel a little better. Most of us have to do this from time to time, and it's only normal. For us who are creative and imaginative, it's often not much of a choice whether we do or don't. Caution should be used, however, not to completely shut off those who care about us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

I felt so much better thank you! Aha yeah I agree. Thank you for taking the time to read and review .. read more



Reviews

Dear JodieAnne, I like very much what and how you write. In your writings there is a lot sincerity. It's not so simple to write as you do.
Keep on writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

This review really made me smile. Thank you so much! I will do.
A moving piece of pros. You have a real talent. If you want to improve your writing try writing from someone else's perspective.

I really like your style. It is very poetic but has an honesty that is very refreshing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

Everything I've only ever written has only really been relating to myself. I will definitely try the.. read more
Very raw , well expressed feelings. questions that epitomise so many people's lives. No easy answers. Sometimes life throws things across our path that no human can fathom. I asked questions just like these in my younger days . Thankfully I was found by One , who though not answering my questions, doubts ,fears, accepted me 'Just as I am' , a Friend for life, who offers 'Life in all it's fulneess'
ps. I received a friend request but not sure why. If you can explain more it would be helpful. Take care and keep writing. best wishes Brian

Posted 8 Years Ago


JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

Raw is a great way to put it. I've never really been good at telling people how I feel, I guess you .. read more
This is a good venting which hopefully has made you feel a little better. Most of us have to do this from time to time, and it's only normal. For us who are creative and imaginative, it's often not much of a choice whether we do or don't. Caution should be used, however, not to completely shut off those who care about us.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

I felt so much better thank you! Aha yeah I agree. Thank you for taking the time to read and review .. read more
Within those million dollar questions we find the answers of life.....ironically, when we slow down, and take the staircase of life one step a time, answers seem to come faster.....

Great rant! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

JodieAnne

8 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015

Author

JodieAnne
JodieAnne

London , United Kingdom



Writing
Why Not Why Not

A Story by JodieAnne


For you For you

A Story by JodieAnne