"Dear Cupid"

"Dear Cupid"

A Story by Joe Price

"Dear Cupid" 

September, 25 2014 

Sometimes, I forget that there is gravity all around me when she's near. When I'm walking, all she has to do is suddenly appear in my field of vision, and I lose my balance. Sometimes, I feel lost without her. She is the reason for my happiness. She made me feel so happy when I was down. When I was upset all she has to do is come near me, and I'm automatically happy. Just today, I asked her out. She said, "yes." Although she approved, it is a little awkward. She is awkward. I guess that's one of the things I dig about her. We have so much in common. Whether it's our hair color, or the fact that if she likes something, so do I. It's seriously the truth though. I'm being myself, and we still have so much in common. This has never happened to me before. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I've been in plenty of relationships before, but there was something different about this one. Is it the fact that she is insanely cute? Is it her smile? Is it her greenish bluish eyes? Is it her soft skin? Is it because she is the most beautiful girl in the world? I wish I knew. There is just something about her that amazes me. We are both in the band. We even play the same instrument. We are in the high school band; therefore, we have to attend football games. She always sits beside me. I always steal her mouthpiece, and play with her hair. I'm a nuisance. I'm surprised she ever said she would go out with me, because to tell you the truth, I'm a real pain in the a*s. She has a beautiful name. Her name is Cassie Peuterschmidt. In all honesty, the other girls can't even hold a candle to her. What about her family? I don't know any of them personally, but I do know of her dad. Her dad is an English teacher. He's very strong, and intelligent too. Very rarely will you have the opportunity to meet someone who has both brawn and brain. I guess I should prep myself, because I'll be meeting him next semester. He will be my English teacher after all. 

January, 10 2015 

In less than a week, she broke up with me. She said to give her two weeks, so I, the nuisance I am, am held her to that. I really can be annoying sometimes. I'm so mad at myself right now. I feel like s**t. She just suddenly dropped a bomb on my life. She said she had just broken up with someone about a week ago. For some reason, I almost didn't believe her. I get paranoid often. I always feel like I've done something wrong. Maybe she got mad at me for some reason. Anyway, all I can think is that maybe there is something wrong with me.  

Things worsened about two weeks later. She said she wanted two weeks, and that's what she got, but that must not be enough. Although we only we've not known each other very long, it hurts really bad. Now I'm know there's something wrong with me. What else could it be? I must not be good enough for her. I'm starting to have a rage build up. I need some support from my peers, or are they going to be disgusted by me too? At this point, nothing surprises me unless one person says something nice about me.  

In December of 2014, I grew surprised. Things had gotten a lot better. Cassie and I had finally reconciled. I still wanted more than friendship, but I guess I was OK with it at the moment. "Perhaps later on down the road I'll get my wish," I thought. Now things are worse than they've ever been. It's funny how things can go one way, and suddenly turn another. I'm sick of going back and forth. I'm kind of sick of it. I've done so much for her. Last night, she told me she loves me. It was kind of scary hearing that. Less than 24 hours later, she's holding another guys hand. Even though it was scary, it still hurt like hell. I saw it with my own eyes. The only words that pop up in my head now are "f**k you," or how about "What the f**k"? One thing that should never be done by anyone is to tell someone, is telling them you love them, and then the very next day kiss someone else. When I first decided to ask her out, my dear friend Melanie told me it was a bad idea. In all honesty, she was 100% correct. I should have never asked her out. It was a huge mistake. I regret all feelings I've have ever had for that s**t. 

May, 5 2015 

Once again we reconciled, but at first, it felt better. I had met her dad, and we got back together. Guess how long we dated this time. Once again, we had dated for six days, just like before. Do you want to know what the reason was? "I think I'm starting to like someone else," she said. I know what u all are thinking. "What a no good b***h?" Am I right? Honestly, what comes to my mind is, "what a f*****g s**t"? I didn't feel sad as much as I did mad. This time I was just pissed off. This happened approximately three months ago; however, just last week when I was walking to my car in the parking lot, it hit me. It was like a big dark cloud had come down with a lightning bolt inside. I still liked her. Not only my feelings, but the pain, misery, and anger came rushing back all at once. I almost fell down it was so powerful. I got a head rush. My head just started spinning. I grew sick of this situation, and knew what I had to do. I'm surprised that I put up with her bull s**t for so long. Finally, I told her I love her, and she says it back. Even though we said it I still knew it was a bad idea, so I eventually told her that we should be friends. This "love" or whatever it was, was bull s**t, and it almost ruined a great friendship. But she started to feel for her again. I told her that maybe if she says she doesn't want me anymore, I'd get over her, but she wouldn't do it. I knew exactly what had to be done. If she won't let me out of this delicious/torture chamber of a prison, something's got to go, or someone. I thought to myself, "if anyone deserves it, it's her." Think about what she has done. She treated me like dirt. Finally, my rage overflowed. It was all about vengeance. "Why am I torturing myself," I thought. Shouldn't it be her? Eventually, I said to myself, "that's enough!" I grabbed my shotgun and loaded it. When I got to the school (I skipped school that day), I was wearing all black. I had black gloves on so the cops wouldn't get my fingerprints, and a mask. I had to shoot my way through to get to the band room, but when I got into the band room everyone was gone except for her. I pulled off my mask and hid my gun. When Cassie saw me she ran to me crying. She was shaking. She was scared to death. She laid her head on my chest. At that moment I didn't want to kill her. I looked into her eyes, kissed her on the lips. She hugged me, again. Finally, I told her I loved her before pulling out my pistol, and shooting her in the head.  

May, 5 2016 

It's been a year since this tragic incident took place. I feel really bad about what I did. To avoid the cops, I moved to Canada, and changed my name from John Carter to Charley Redwood. I had to remove all evidence of my existence in America. The guilt has finally gotten to me. I can't take it anymore. Nobody cares about my existence. One day... maybe someone will find my corpse. Someday... 

On May 5th, John Carter hanged himself in his hotel room... One week later his body was found. The Cassie Peuterschmidt case forever remained unsolved... 

 

 

Copyright 2015 by Joe Price 

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS 

A division of TTP Entertainment 

 

© 2015 Joe Price


Author's Note

Joe Price
I wrote this story because of a past relationship. This particular relationship happened twice, and they both ended badly. Finally, I thought to myself "why not write a story to release my anger?" I dedicate this story to Mindy Salyer, my ex girlfriend, and current best friend. Leave comments!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very entertaining story. I like the set-up leading to the very interesting ending. You create good character and story line. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 2, 2015
Last Updated on May 2, 2015
Tags: Romantic tragedy, suspence, thriller, Joe Price

Author

Joe Price
Joe Price

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am a short story writer living in Tennessee. My major influences include Joe Hill and Tabitha King. more..

Writing
Dark City Dark City

A Screenplay by Joe Price