The Caretakers Letter

The Caretakers Letter

A Story by John Gifford
"

A letter from a dying man who held great secrets in his lifetime, he has lost the willpower to keep these secrets any longer and begins to reach out to old friends...

"
Dear Alec,
Greetings to you my old friend. I regret it has been so long since you have heard word from me. Lets just say the last few years have been very difficult for me and my family. I hope this letter finds you well and your still working on saving mankind and a bag of M&M's. As you might have heard through our colleagues that I have been ill the last few years, and that is the primary reason I have sought you out. I have recently discovered that my time here is very short as I have entered the final stages of this Cancer that will soon destroy me. I Have lived a good and full life. Made many close friends along the journey. This last year I have been confined to bed. Enduring treatments no Human should have to tolerate. During these tough times I sought refuge in the past. I reflected back on my work and fondly remember the projects we worked on together. The Team we assembled at Lawrence Livermore Lab's in 1969 was the best I ever worked with. You and several others should be very proud of what was accomplished.
Many years ago while we were in Washington DC, you asked me a question. I recall it quite clearly. At the time you were working in research for the Air Force. We had Dinner that night at your Sisters house and you asked me if I had ever heard about a person called "The Caretaker". I do hope you remember asking the question, and not the look on my face when you asked it. I was shocked that you had brought the subject up in casual dinner conversation. I avoided the question completely at the time, however never forgot it. The last year I have been drafting several letters. I feel I should answer your question as you posed it so many years ago. I should warn you my friend the knowledge comes with a heavy burden to bear. Some of the information you and many others have speculated over the last Fifty years, I shall cover those issues now.
If you have concerns about the information please fold up this letter and destroy it now. If you continue keep in mind it is a short outline supported by documents in my possession through the length of my career. now is the time to disclose it, while I still can. I hope you read on..
I was hired by Hughes Aircraft and a inspired young Engineer. I had come from Los Alamos after working on the Manhattan Project. My assignment was in creating soundproof magnetic waves. My working group was the First team in developing protocols for "Secret Compartmentalized Information" or SCIF. The project was established by President Truman and under direct control of the Majestic Twelve Committee, or MJ12.  The SCIF contained information, Data and artifacts recovered in the Roswell Crash. YES, this actually happened and I can see the smile on your face as I write this. the SCIF is Nationally Archived Information, (AI). And from the very start of collecting this information is was only allowed to be hand written and never copied. It has remained that way since July 1947.
There is a Man, "The Caretaker" who has sole possession of the archives. All data is there. What was found and what we did with it to this very day. The first Caretaker was a very trusted Air Force General known by Truman. At the time he had retired and was living in Dayton Ohio very close to what is now Wright Patterson Air Force Base. he took command of all SCIF and set out to research and develop any technology he could with a team of scientists and Engineers. We were overwhelmed with strange tasks and unfolded many secrets. More on this later as there are a few points I feel you should know.
The First Caretaker lived until 1979. He selected and mentored his replacement before he died. The Second Caretaker is alive and well today and continues with the project. From my involvement with the SCIF I can fill in quite a few blanks and lend incite as to who indeed knew about the project and who didn't.
Truman knew of course, and from the very beginning. And he knew almost all of it that we knew. But he was unable to grasp the technical side of things. He was terrified of any Alien Tech and the EBE's that were recovered. Truman took the immediate discoveries as a cosmic threat and held a dark view of the future with the project. Eisenhower was was briefed and a big supporter of the project. He lent a very stable concept of what the team was trying to accomplish. He fully funded us. It was during this time the Caretaker assumed a larger responsibility for control of SCIF information. However disclosure was not considered.
President Kennedy was briefed on some information, but not all of it. There were many leaks in the White House during his administration and the risk too great. He pushed the wrong people demanding more data, and even threatened to release what information he had to the public. That was the end of him. And sadly to his Brother Robert in 1968... Again more on that later.
President Johnson came at the program with a Vengeance The issue was he thought he knew everything, most of it gained through bribes and threats. He bullied anyone he could and many times used sheer force to get information. Hoover knew bits and pieces of it and fed Johnson just enough to keep his job as FBI Director for life. However Director Hoover knew much more about Johnson than the SCIF and blackmailed the President for Years. I could write a book about this issue alone.
President Nixon was never briefed by the Caretaker. Again he was told about the project by Hoover before the Director died. He knew nothing and was very bitter about it. He cut all spending during his administration. Soon the tides turned on Nixon who had many enemies and he was soon replaced with President Ford who was considered an interim president and not briefed. he was a man who played Golf and really didn't know what Nasa's full role was.
Reagan was Fully briefed. This was done to assure funding for the project. He clearly grasped the potential of the program and was very involved. It was during this time the caretaker allowed Reagan to use certain facts in the SCIF to use against the Soviets. During a very private meeting at a US/ Soviet Summit meeting Reagan explained a few things to Prime-minister Gorbachev and his plans to use it for his "Star Wars" project. As you know this halted the arms race and the cold war. Then during the last part of the Reagan administration a second contact was made with the EBE's. Reagan was not aware of this contact being made. Also the caretaker had secured a more stable funding source for the project.
President Bush knew everything. Being Reagan's Vice President and former Director of the CIA he could be highly trusted. He assisted with funding and hiding the projects budget.
President Clinton was completely shut out due to his threats of disclosure. He was aware of the projects existence but couldn't find anything out. He was furious, and remains so to this day. Bush JR knew all and supported the project. Many huge discoveries were made during this time.
Our Current President, Obama was not briefed and most likely never be told anything. He is quite upset and has retaliated by cutting military spending as much as he can.
There is much more to tell you my friend. Now I shall give you the choice to decide what you wish to know from this point on. Do you remember my Granddaughter Gale? Over the years she has provided me with divine support due to my illness. She has transcribed all of my notes and files. I have instructed her to turn these over to you at your request only when I'm gone. If you want them. If you decide to step away from the issue I understand completely and will respect that until my last day.
After these many years, I hope you join me in the truth. I regret I cannot travel anymore but would certainly love to see you. Until then.
Issac

© 2016 John Gifford


Author's Note

John Gifford
The letter is my Char actors first of many disclosures. Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on April 4, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016

Author

John Gifford
John Gifford

MO



About
A technical writer buy trade, looking to dive into fiction in my retirement. more..