The Tears of the Dragons.

The Tears of the Dragons.

A Poem by John Phoenix Hutchinson.
"

A tale of Dragons. A tale of Duality. Two poems for the price of one!

"


The Tears of the Dragons.


Held in the heart of man's woven legends lies,

the magical manifestation of the elemental beast.


The grand vision of flame in flight, sets the mind to

the all encompassing wonder of a Dragon on the wing.


Immortality the foundation of their constellation destiny,

the path forged in a ferocious fire, kindled in tempest's heart.


The unconquerable depths of the emerald windows to their soul,

speak of a hermetical wisdom, a omnipotent warrior prophet.


Preaching the golden way through conflagration's eternal blaze.

Devastation, ruination, the prelude to a rebirth revolution.


A world reborn from cinder dark ashes, the embers charcoal glow,

now fertilized by the Dragons silvered tears, the lost Atlantis grows.


© 2012 John Phoenix Hutchinson.


Author's Note

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
Hopefully this poem can be taken two ways. Firstly a legend of Dragons and secondly as a hermetical truth within man........but I will leave that to the reviewers to decide........I wonder which way you read it the first time???

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is amazing! I'll be honest with you - I saw the picture of the dragon and I started squealing. A dragon poem!!!! Wooo!!!!! But then I read it....and I read it again....and I read it a third time because I don't like even numbers. And then I just sat there. Wow. I felt incredibly childish. You're poem is incredibly deep and I think I might've gotten lost in the sea of the "inner truth of mankind". If you happen to have a rowboat, or even a rubber ducky inner tube..... Where was I? Um....in a roundabout and ridiculous fashion, I'm trying to say good write! I could've just said that outright, but then you wouldn't have gone down to your basement and dug up that inner tube for me. It just struck me how utterly stupid this whole review sounds. I'm sorry. I'll shut up now.

(Pssst!!! It's me again!!! Just wanted to reiterate that I loved, loved, loved, loved, really loved, and totally enjoyed loving your poem :D K, that's it)

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Do you think she loved it???
Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

Yeah I do and if she didnt she sure fooled me.the length and depth of a review says a lot about the .. read more
Chris

11 Years Ago

she came back... and ADDED and added... yeah, I think she "loved" it.



Reviews

I got a spiritual feel from this, i think it was the choice of words you used which gave it a religious tint.
The unconquerable depths of the emerald windows to their soul,
speak of a hermetical wisdom, a omnipotent warrior prophet.
Preaching the golden way through conflagration's eternal blaze.
Devastation, ruination, the prelude to a rebirth revolution.

I don't like religion as you know and at first it made it heavy for me. I read it again a couple of times not thinking about it in that light and I found it more enchanting, as i have grown to expect from your poems. Very well penned as always and thoughtful use of words to create great images :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sue
I like the King Arthurian way it makes me feel, also the power of fire to cleanse and renew....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow a fab Dragon poem I was expecting something else but this is really deep and truly wonderful love the ending.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hi John,

Very nice. A beautiful piece. The dragon is an inspiring figure, filled with much of what inspires and terrifies Man: fire, power, flight, magic. As you suggest it is a transformational beast, and fills our imagination and souls.

Another greatly enjoyed write.

My very best regards,

Rick

Posted 10 Years Ago


I just really do need help with the interpretation, if you wouldn't mind. I think am reading two meanings into this masterpiece 1.) The acts and fierce of a dragon as an animal that is now out of extinct (as when you said rebirth revolution) 2.) The cruel attitudes of some powerful individuals who probably carve a niche for themselves as such as the dragon's constellation. With a fore purpose of inflicting pains and agonies on their fellow humans by their doings. But just as revolution was born, they were cut down by the peace of the new world we live therein. Even though they still exist, just like dragon species too which is why we need more peace in the world just like the last dragon hunters( i have that book but its missing on my bookshelf right now. i will inbox you details later so you can read and see how it correlates with your poem). Please do get back to me, I await your feedback on this review i want to be sure my opinion exacts the poetry's message. Thanks alot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Reading this right now makes me squeal too. Its past midnight here and a dragon poem wasnt part of my plan for this midmorning, but alas it came along and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love this write! In other circumstances, your diction could possibly be mistaken as pedantic, but that vibe fits seamlessly with your theme here! Your vocabulary is so high that it forces our thoughts to rise loftily to meet it. For that reason, I found myself feeling your second, more abstract "way" more- your voice drew me there.
I wrote a sort of similar poem- called Dragons in Our Midst- that also plays around with Dragons as a powerful metaphor of human nature. Maybe you might want to take a look?
Either way, I'm so glad I stumbled upon this masterpiece. Thank you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

x :)
Very well done... dragon's fiery breath and winged flight have fascinated the human imagination for thousands of years... it certainly fired up yours...

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
Interesting. To answer your question I read it dually as both lol.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)
excellent "voice". And here we are. Dancing in the dragon's jaws.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

10 Years Ago

my thanks :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5880 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012

Author

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

Boot Eskdale, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my profile. I first came to Writers Cafe when starting out... Now am a published author.... So an acorn was sown here first and then grew... This is my website.... http://www.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by MOON