Two face angel martini

Two face angel martini

A Story by Sky writer

There’s a special young lady that I grew up with, my Ditto the girls back at the Lucky Lady ranch would say, but Clients, Vegas madams and naïve tourists looking for a quick thrill know her as Sangria the Seductive.


Considering all the rich and powerful old men in attendance tonight I’m confident I’ll have the pleasure of bumping into the international party girl here at The Bellagio Resort attending the Senator’s annual fundraiser. Officer Bailey and I were on duty that night in their so-called executive ballroom. The Senator’s staff leader requested extra security just in case any drunken tree hugging leftwing democrats felt sour about how the election was swaying. The staff leader also wanted to present a presence that would discourage an invasion of anti-war demonstrators demonstrating their displeasure of the government's usage of drones. It was an election year so of course not only was big brass in attendance but Chef also provided the Senator’s staff with half of the department's south division’s newly recruited buzz heads fresh from the academy.


Increasing police presence for that particular function in opinion was probably a smart move by the Senator’s staff leader. While the politicians discuss their ethically tainted legislations, The wive’s and the mistresses competed on an intensely Olympian level. Showing off their expensive Bargazine Russian Sable furs coats and sixty-thousand dollar leather imported Fendi Selleria handbags. In my two years on the force, I've personally met passionate animal activist as well as former rouge PETA extremist that would love nothing more than to soak these women in the most rancid pot of pig blood they can brew. Opportunities such as these are moments they live for.


It was a black tie event so naturally, the room was filled to the brim with old rich powerful men with characters humorously similar to the bad guys on old Miami Vice reruns. The only thing missing was a sockless Don Johnson crashing the party by busting through the ballroom's oak french doors with a banana yellow 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder. 


The atmosphere reeked of knock-off cologne, calamari and burnt botox. I had the impression that this was the major leagues of politics. You can almost individually here every shady backdoor deal these politicians and special interest representatives were making.The guest list alone probably would've been overwhelming if I knew who they were. Unlike my partner Officer Bailey who was clearly spazzing over the civic celebrities in the room, I've never really followed political news.


To everyone in attendance this was just a regular political fundraising event but to my old friend Sangria this was her playground and goldmine, and being that she's a home recking blackmailing parasite, I guess it would only be appropriate that I’d find her here mining for rich and successful married men.

I spotted her out in the upper corner of the ballroom sitting with an older gentleman speaking closely into the man's ear. Judging by the old man's blushed face and tightened interest, I assumed whatever she whispered he must've had really enjoyed hearing. Sangria learned at an early age how to build a man’s confidence with just a few words. Considering the environment we came from her developed talents of persuasion came to no surprise to no anyone who knew her then. My mother's old run down seven bedroom bed and breakfast later turned desert brothel was occupied by the most persuasive and promiscuous women Vegas has ever seen. To clients it was just a place for pleasure, for the women who worked there and cared for us it served as a stepping stone for their career's but for Sangria and I it was home.     


I stood about ten feet away from where she and the jittery old man were sitting. I couldn’t help not staring. It seems like just a few years ago where we were two teenage girls trading blush and color tone techniques daydreaming about who’s going to marry Johnny Depp first. Back then secretly I was envious of her beauty and although she wouldn’t admit it now but I think she was a little envious of my tomboyish athletic ways.  She’s just naturally one of those gorgeous women who light up the room with her presence, whether it’s a dinner date or a brief cameo she seems to always grab the attention of everyone.


She noticed me staring of course and our eyes locked for a few seconds. She didn’t break eye contact or pack up and run so I took this as an innovation to approach the table for two. As I walked towards her she took a rushed sip from the champagne glass then touched the old man on his leg. She must have asked him to refreshen her drinks because the old man launched from his seat like a horney high school quarterback trying to get his prom date loose enough to make him a man later that night.


I have to say, out of all the criminals that I have come across in my two years with Vegas Metropolitan police she has to be one of the bravest. I know she knows I know enough incriminating information on her to lock her up for a few decades, even worst deported back home to Cuba, which she knows I know she doesn’t want. She also knows that I know about the Cuban Cartel's aggressive inquisition and reward money as a result of her little stunt she pulled in Atlantic City last year with one of the Cartel’s underbosses. And I think we both know that if and when she gets deported back to Cuba her high rolling boyfriend politicians won’t be up to save her from the cartel.


Maybe I gave her to much credit, maybe it was the alcohol that inspired her bravery that night. Or maybe she had faith in the fact that if I did arrest her in that ballroom then it would be just a matter of hours before one of city officials boyfriends bail her out under an anonymous name of course. Unfortunately, She would be out free before my 12-hour shift reaches its end.


An arrest publication would set off alarms to every hit men, debt collector, and private investigator in the states. She’s a problem for many very important people. This international party girl was wanted in more way then a few.


“Hello, Toni” Sangria's island accent dominated her two-word greeting. She reached over and pulled out a seat with a hand gesture inviting me to have a seat next to her. “Are you here to arrest me, officer?” She asked condescendingly while beginning to reapply any possible lip gloss her previous champagne glass may have collected.


I rejected her offer by grabbing the chair and aggressively pushed it back under the table with just enough force to shift the ice on the table's empty champagne bucket. 


“You know Sangria,” I said as I slouched in hovering over her trying to set the tone as an intimidating aggressor in the conversation. “I think me arresting you should be the least of your worries right now.”

“Oh is that right" Sangria asked while snapping close her mahogany colored ostrich leather Louis Vuitton compact cosmetic case. 


"And what exactly is it that I should be worried about Toni?"


I remained standing over her while offering my best coldest poker face with hopes to re-create my old bullying reputation I earned during all those school night bedroom fights I won over her in our adolescent years. Unfazed by my effort as an intimidating presence, Sangria calmly replaced her touchup items back in her purse before she reconnected eye contact with me.

Her confidence remained spotless as she firmly pressed her lips together to assure an even distribution of what smelt like a kiwi flavored gloss. I guess over the few years her and I have been apart she must've grown a spine one could learn to respect.


"Toni you're looking good, slim and fit. Still, the same pinned away conservative hair I see" Sangria continued "I could never pull off a convincing brunette but you do the library lady look well still."


"Oh please, what the hell would you know about a library, they don't rent rooms by the hour there."


"Oh oh looks like someone's built a little bit of resentment over the years" Sangria responded bitterly "Come sit down, come tell me all about it." 


"Resentment" I responded "I know those fake hair extensions of yours may be weighing heavy on your head but don't act stupid. Let's try rage!"


"Yes, resentment." She confirmed "Are you still bitter about my time with your little boyfriend while you were away on campus? "I told you he was no good for you Toni, plus from what my experience was he was a bore in the bedroom."


I stopped in mid-sentence stepped back a foot or two to take a deep breath and to loosen up my hostile body language in case any onlookers were observing my time at the table. I was on the clock and the last thing I needed was another sit down with the department's ethics committee. Not to mention being seen conversing with Clark County's most wanted mattress w***e and con woman that is Sangria The Seductive wouldn't exactly be the popularity boots I want. 


"Calm down Toni. Have a drink with an old friend." Sangria said as she waived to a young server three tables down from us. "Let's talk this over like ladies over two angel face martinis."


“You know who I’m looking for and why” I continued “Give me names and places.”


"Or what?" Sangria asked, "You going to haul me off to jail like you did all the other girls from the ranch."


She abandoned our tense stare down and begun to study me from my ashy leather upper heels which barley satisfies Metropolitan regulation to my loosely knotted sock-bun Bailey quickly tied up for me an hour ago while on the intersection east Flamingo and Paradise.      


"You know I can't give you names Toni."


"Fine we can go over the details back to the interrogation room, I'll get the information I need out of you eventually."


"Do I look like a Naïve woman to you Toni?"


"Is that something you really want me to answer?"


"And don't you ever threaten me with interrogation department in your headquarters. Most of those men are clients of mine, I'll be out before tomorrow's rush hour."


"B***h, who said anything about interrogation being at headquarters?"


“Oh, I’m afraid it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than a persuading hair color to get you off the hook this time Sangria.”


“Oh, I’m sure my hairdresser is up for the challenge.


“The first thing you could do is cut the sweet girl bullshit. You and I need to have a long talk. I think we have a few things to discuss.”


“I don’t think talking to police officers would be in the best interest for me…but…”


Interrupted by the old man returning with the two drinks that she requested a few minutes prior, He carefully slid her drink over to her with his right hand being extra precocious not revealing his missing oddly tanned wedding ring finger. As if she didn’t already learn the old man’s whole bio way before he earned this so-called privilege of sharing a table with her this evening.


63-year-old retired stock exchange attorney from Boston Massachusetts, father of three, unfaithfully married to 59-year-old Margaret Baylor, high school student counselor Lincoln High for 38 years. Sangria knew all about the men before she ripped off their life savings.


“Vodka and cream white Russian, easy on the ice” The old man confirming the order.

He must have noticed the tension between Sangria and I. “Is everything okay? Is there a problem officer?”


“Oh I’m sorry Henry, where's my manners,” She said with a well-rehearsed flirty laugh. “This is my friend Toni from school; we were just catching up on old times” 


She lied more then she breathed. A quick thinker and a master of illusions. I guess you have to be in her line of work.


Unit 51 please report to the parking lot to assist in a possible 408.

“Copy that command”


“Busy girl busy girl Toni you better go get that 408 outdoors.”


“Nadia darling was going to be late” The old man interrupted. “I want to get there before parking becomes a chore.”


Poor guy, he doesn’t even know her name I thought to myself. Then again, I don’t think anyone really does. We know what she wants us to know and not a factor assumption more.


“I’m sorry Toni; I got to run,” As the eager man grabs her by the hand encouraging a faster pace” but tell rest of the girls I said hello for me.”

© 2018 Sky writer


Author's Note

Sky writer
Rough draft. Novice writer. Critique is welcomed. A small slice of a short story I’m building.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've given the reader a rich meal of setting and characters. Very contemporary feel. Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018
Tags: Fiction, writing