The Propagandist's Paradise

The Propagandist's Paradise

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

'And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.' Like a skipping record, we humans press on, gratingly redundant with equal parts foolishness. An endless emulation of empires past and present, as cyclical as a year; but not half as pleasant. Will mankind ever learn from his blunder? Or, like Atlantis, will we all go under? A true history is an objective observation of mankind's progress, as well as his follies and never is it a one-sided representation of state. 

One must understand the place of the modern day Propagandist to ever have a grasp on the past, let alone the present. It's been all downhill since the piano room and 'The Karma of Untruthfulness'. In modern times these same tactics are used to sell ideas, much to the surprise of the Average American. The Propagandist's Paradise, but the Patriot's Prison.

"Quick! Forget what you've just read, or you're under arrest!" screamed the grizzled thought police officer as he threw the weathered old notebook into the portable memory hole. 

© 2015 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
5/22/13

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015
Tags: thought police, 1984, esoteric, truth, propaganda

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing