No Turning Back Now

No Turning Back Now

A Chapter by JordanStories
"

There is no turning back now, as the group is now 100% sure that they will be going into 'Deathman's Home'...

"

It was September 13th, 2017. The day before the group of teens went into ‘Deathman’s Home’.


The previous night, they had a large group chat through text, and they all discussed what they would do the next day. They discussed their meeting spot, their plans once inside of the house, their emergency contacts, and much more. Plus, it was official that they were going to the haunted house. For some reason, most of them were not scared.


It was 2:00, thirty minutes away from the final bell. For the whole day, the group was eyeing each other in the hallways. 2:15… 2:25… 2:30.


The bell rang. Everyone went to their lockers to pack their stuff up and went home. The group was set to meet at Jordan’s house at 5:00. They did not care about the punishment of their parents. They believed that if they got their hands on 6.2 billion dollars worth of art, they could live without parents anyway.


By 4:00, everyone in the group was at Jordan’s house, everyone except Emma. She was running late.


“What’s taking Emma so long?”, asked Zachary.


Honestly, no one knew why, but Emma was always late. There never was a time she was not late. Everyone stood around, discussing plans and such, while they waited for Emma. About fifteen minutes later, Emma arrived.


They all ranted to her about how long she took, and finally, the group decided to start walking to the haunted house before it got too late.


“Are you sure this is safe?”, Patrick asked, not sure about whether he should do this or not.


“Probably not. But Patrick, this is six billion dollars that we could be getting! Wouldn’t it make our lives better?”, Jackson told Patrick confidently.

Patrick replied, “It could also make our lives end.”


Jackson looked away in disgust and kept walking. Around ten minutes later, they arrived at Deathman's home. It was going to be hard to get into, especially because there was a ten-foot-tall gate surrounding the house.


“We have to climb the fence.”, Jordan said.


The group decided to use a simple way to climb the fence. Feet first, and then grab onto a rail close by their current spot on the fence, and pull themselves up. And afterward, keep repeating until they made it all the way up the fence, and then slowly pulling themselves down the other side of the fence.


Jordan went first. Then Emma. Then Elijah and Meghan. Then Kenna. Then Jackson. Jackson had a few troubles climbing up the fence, but he eventually made it. Then Zachary. Then Julian. Then Sid. Then Tyler and Max. And finally, Patrick climbed up and over with a shake of his head.



© 2017 JordanStories


Author's Note

JordanStories
Is this too boring?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not boring. You are setting-up the story. Showing the foolishness of the kids. Locked doors have reasons, they are closed and locked-up. A good chapter. You are using the who, what, where, how and when of the situation. What writer's must do.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There should be more dialouge with the kids talking about the history of the house. How do they know its haunted and how do they know there is art worth money in there. It would build up suspence as well as allow some of your chacters to interact with each other.
maybe one is the ring leader who started this group. Another researched the history of the house. Another is an art expect and knows the values of the painting inside. Another has contacts for the equipment they need, etc. maybe they share stories of what happened to other kids who entered. Or tell tales to try and scare each other.
But is it boring. No I gets right to the point and set you up for the story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Not boring. You are setting-up the story. Showing the foolishness of the kids. Locked doors have reasons, they are closed and locked-up. A good chapter. You are using the who, what, where, how and when of the situation. What writer's must do.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2017
Last Updated on September 21, 2017
Tags: death, scary, horror, thrill


Author

JordanStories
JordanStories

Mason, OH



About
I like to write stories about young boys and girls, mostly where they form awesome friendships through great adventures! more..

Writing
Heartbroken Heartbroken

A Chapter by JordanStories