A Daughter of Zion

A Daughter of Zion

A Poem by Jordan
"

Some prose

"
“Being A Daughter of Zion”

That moment you begin living as though you are a daughter of Zion, that you stand tall, and proudly proclaim that you are following God’s will by taking your pain and your sorrow, using it for His good and to glorify God, oh! does your enemy, the devil, attack.

First, it will be with trauma, and old wounds that had scarred being ripped open. Then, well meaning people, who truly want the best for you, and who are aiding in your healing as best they can, will rip your innards out, unintentionally and without malice.

Resentment comes. Anger. Sorrow. And loss. Heartbreaking, soul shattering loss.

Your teeth will be kicked in, your ribs and limbs broken over and over, before they can even set, never mind putting the cast on. This is all done because, as it has been so eloquently said, “The devil is after you, girl!” And he is, when you claim your status and you embrace that sanctification and justification that follows that embrace.

God has not left you. Jesus is still there. The Holy Spirit is within you. Even when you cry out for no more, when you beg for it to stop.

It was said that resiliency is more heavily within my genetic make up than that of a normal person. Resiliency is a gift from God, a fruit of the Spirit. And I am not normal. You never are, once you embrace this status and become sanctified and justified. We are not normal.

We are strong and courageous, answering as Mary did, as Isaiah. We stand and fight, then we sing. We kneel and submit, we fast and we pray. We wash off the wounds, allow God to bind them up since He cares for the broken hearted. Then, our Papa carries us, and covers us with His feathers.

We stand up, rising from the ground, and spit blood to the side. We stare down at the devil, knowing our worth, knowing this is just a season, and that jubilee, joy, and peace will once again return.

© 2017 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017
Tags: Religion, religious, spiritual, God, Zion, Jesus, Holy Spirit

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan