Flesh & Bone

Flesh & Bone

A Story by Kroma
"

No true expectations other than spilling my guts.

"
I sit awhile and listen to the noise that fills the local bar.
Watch as the glass spills into hopeless souls fighting to combat death in life.
Before the fate is sealed behind our lonely doors we all share our bludgeoning bliss here. Not alone. Not alone for the moment.
If there is a God let me find him in this burning liquor.
As you and I fight for our sanity.. we find peace. Find peace and love from the people across from us. Holding us up.. letting you know its only bad sometimes.

I watch a man in the shadows of the corner. Alone and barely awake. A drink for every sorrow he's soaking away. I know that this man is every man. Just one bad day ahead of us. Maybe one lost love more than us. There is nothing I can do for him, but he does something for me. He tells me in a fierce uncanny secret voice. Laugh a little for him. Fight your battles for him, because one day you could be just like him.

As dim and dark as this place is.. I do just that for the lonely soul. I watch and adore my love in a way only I know. Burning with desire..with life. She's the twilight after the storm we know as night. She is a heartbeat you feel punch you in the chest. Although she deserves a nirvana this life couldn't honor, I would kindly fight tooth and nail to offer.

She talks as you spin. Her voice is like piano keys tapping tidal waves of hope, but you drink. You keep hope but you swallow it with self medication. She is far away, but close enough to hold your pitiful heart in a bear trap.

If I'm able Ill fall asleep Ill awake looking forward to another time similar to this. For life is a killing machine, and not everything is green. Faced with certain death, and limited life we must invest our love.

I will let it bleed out of my soul.
You are a entity that is not mine and might never will be, but only a coward would hide his guts from you. Let me show you the only way I know how.
Honest. Pained. Flesh and bone love.

© 2016 Kroma


Author's Note

Kroma
No real experience writing, and haven't practiced grammar in awhile. Don't mind any negative Reponses. I just want to get things off my chest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have said it best ...
'Honest. Pained. Flesh and bone love.'

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this, one part poetry, one part story it seemed to me :) you should give queen mab a read :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kroma

7 Years Ago

Read Queen Mab. Thought it was a good read. It was like it hurt to read even thou you knew it had a .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 25, 2016
Tags: New, Love, Secret, Friendship, selfabuse, bar, nightlife, hope

Author

Kroma
Kroma

Writing
Black Rose Black Rose

A Story by Kroma


Rip Rip

A Story by Kroma