Escape from Chaos

Escape from Chaos

A Poem by Jowm
"

Chaos, horror, escape.

"

The world whirled around me, spinning, tipping, frantically flying in all directions. I stumbled and fell to the ground, too dizzy to stand. The things flew past my face, my mind was jumbled, I couldn’t think. I thought things made sense, but all that I lived was a nonsensical lie. The things that flew around me were random, some truth and some deception. I didn’t know where I was, but I thought I did. I didn’t know what was happening, but I thought I understood perfectly. It all seemed to fit in my mind then, but now I look back and see that it all was anything but sane or rational. But suddenly, in a moment, I was somewhere that I knew was wrong. At first I didn’t feel bad, but before long, I was horrified, terrified by the appalling scenes before me. I watched over and over, as repeatedly skeletons died before me. They seemed to be skeletons, yet they were alive. They were being murdered, a crowd of them, a crowd that never ran out, even though there were not many in it. They died, over and over, and I watched as they were impaled, broken, smashed and stabbed. It was sickening, eventually I couldn’t take it, I had to leave. I could not stand to watch as they, with heartbreakingly sad and terrified expressions plain upon their faces, were killed in shockingly gruesome ways, with no mercy. I could not see their killer, only the weapons that impaled them, crushed them, ended their lives. I could not save them, I could not even move. My heart was sick, my mind dominated by my horror, yet a thought forced its way to the front of my mind; that I must escape as soon as I could, for the hideousness of what I watched was too much to bear. I felt two options, I could simply wake and end it all, escape from the entire world, give up, and leave the whole world behind me, escaping from the horrible murders. The other option I felt was that I could fight. I couldn’t move but with my mind I could resist this, I could try to force these horrors away from me, though it wouldn’t be easy. For some reason, I chose to struggle to rid myself of these repulsive things rather than taking the easy way out and waking, parting with the world. I strove to expel the horrific sights before me, it was not easy, the images tried to return, they fought my efforts to make them leave. But I persisted, and after a fight, they stopped. They were gone, the battle was won, and they no longer fought to be let in. My mind was finally mine again, they were gone.

© 2012 Jowm


Author's Note

Jowm
Your Comments, reviews, and more greatly appreciated as always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012
Tags: Chaos, confused, confusion, alone, resolution, battle

Author

Jowm
Jowm

About
I am a servant of the one true God and will be for the rest of my days. I am also a big fan of the great Bionicle storyline. I am a writer who hopes you enjoy my work, and who hopes that my writing l.. more..

Writing
What a Fool What a Fool

A Story by Jowm


Beautiful Tears Beautiful Tears

A Poem by Jowm


Repairs Repairs

A Poem by Jowm