Razzel dazzel

Razzel dazzel

A Poem by Jocelyn cortes
"

About how some people just might be using you as soon there entertainment. Or how you can loose someone to people you know aren't good for them.

"
We are here to razzel, dazzel then die. But that statement is a lie and also the thinking method of a fly.
So try for the love of god to understand the whispers of the cold damp sand as it calls your broken name out of shame.
Come, join us be the life of the party or else your loving peers just might spit evil into your cranium gears clenching into your deepest darkest fears, leaving you shaking.
but who needs them.
Well you do I guess because you won't give them a damn rest.
I've practically begged you not to care what bounces around upstairs under those shiny silver crowns of theirs.
But you never will listen.
Hear the clanks of You'r rusty chains weighing you down to the grown. Your life wasn't meant to be wasted away as someone else's entertainment it's practically self enslavement.
Those aren't your friends, those are slippery slimy leaches disused as long time pals with masks composed of artificially warm smiles from those young lads and gals.
Until something you do isn't quit to their liking. It's striking how best friends in the end can turn there back on you, can drop you just as quick as they picked you up.
Even after all we've been through to keep this relationship afloat like a rickety old boat. It's been 10 years and your leaving me now.
I can't seem to wrap my mind around on how. How, How did I let this happen.
Let you go join the crowd that has the tools to spool you around their thin twisted fingers that have the potential of ruining you.
There plans brewing but your only fueling their chances of hurting you more and more as you grow to adore those wicked smilies.
when your smile is cricked and your heart is in denial resting on a silver plater waiting at deaths door.
If you let me I would like to open it instead. I hate to see you emotionally dead.
Us humans weren't meant to razzel and dazzel are fellow man just to die.
Us humans were meant to strum the strings of solitude
I don't mean to be rude
but Us humans were made to love like a steal iron drum.
Where have we came from.
what are we to become.
We are made to be kind so that others may unwind that twisted spine of fear and depression.
Please stop with the oppression I beg of you.

© 2017 Jocelyn cortes


Author's Note

Jocelyn cortes
I had watched as my friend was slaved away for people that didn't care about her in the slightest. And it just killed me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

spell check only finds misspelled words - not real or even unintended ones. Best to read this ALOUD and s l o w l y. Read what your eyes SEE not what your mind wanted there....

Can you present this one - with only cursory glances to the text - to a mirror or audience?


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jocelyn cortes

6 Years Ago

I wouldn't be able to perform it without constantly looking. But the message is definitely stronger .. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

THAT is the power of "Spoken Word".



Reviews

LOVE this! I was captivated from start to finish. Keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


spell check only finds misspelled words - not real or even unintended ones. Best to read this ALOUD and s l o w l y. Read what your eyes SEE not what your mind wanted there....

Can you present this one - with only cursory glances to the text - to a mirror or audience?


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jocelyn cortes

6 Years Ago

I wouldn't be able to perform it without constantly looking. But the message is definitely stronger .. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

THAT is the power of "Spoken Word".
how easily some are drawn into the lies in effort to become part of them
this is a message many will not heed
but you have listened to your own words

a few spelling errors but the message is still strong and clear
put your pen to paper for it suits you


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 23, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: Friends, entertainment

Author

Jocelyn cortes
Jocelyn cortes

Ogden, UT



About
Everyday is a beautiful day. I'm a very amateur spoken word poet, And live among the mountains. Hope you enjoy what I have to offer on here❤️ more..

Writing
Funk Funk

A Poem by Jocelyn cortes