Dedication to Colored Women

Dedication to Colored Women

A Poem by King K.T.B Poetry
"

Poetry/Spoken Word

"
Your touch is like a rose in a garden full of poppy. Your beauty is the bleeding heart that appears in the various colors of red, pink and white during the April month. Your words are the clouds which angels sleep upon. You are what we cannot live without. When you touch, an awkward silence forms because we become lost for words like a carriage traveling upon a misty road. When we recognize your beauty we learn that true love is that of the sun and the moon forever shining. When you speak the rain comes to awaken the flowers of our heart. You are our colored woman.
You have the strength to smile when you wish to scream. Laugh when you long to cry. Embrace joy and happiness instead of sorrow and love when you yearn to hate. When the rain comes in, you are there to place an umbrella over us. When we fall ill and our sickness feels like a thousand needles, you caress us like a child in the bosoms of his mother. When we treat you like a dog in contrary to our selves. You welcome us back countless times as if that moment were eternity. When we break your heart, lie, cheat and steal you forgive while hiding the hurt. And we go about our lives in an incognito state thinking that we run sh*t but in reality we hurt ourselves. We are just too prideful to show disclosure. And when you finally build up the strength to say you had enough it becomes too late for men like I to cut open the lock on your heart because the keys are lost. This is for my women of skin brown, dark chocolate, caramel, honey and cream-vanilla. Those who believe man’s true love will never be reveled and those who think their beauty are second rate. Know when us men treat you with the unfairness of the world remember God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece. You are my colored woman.

© 2013 King K.T.B Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No words can describe how amazing this piece of poetry is, honestly? Its the best thing I have seen on this sight yet. 1000 out of 100

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

King K.T.B Poetry

10 Years Ago

Im new to this site and have no clue what I am doing, I strongly appreciate your comment, such respo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Spoken Word, Poem, Creative Writing

Author

King K.T.B Poetry
King K.T.B Poetry

Pine Hill, NJ



About
My passion is writing, poetry, words of emotion wouldn't you agree? With spoken word my soul is taught to be free. This is what I conclude to be that physical expression of thought for me... more..

Writing