Re circulating garbage in the mind of the asinine..

Re circulating garbage in the mind of the asinine..

A Story by Juan

With the exception of a few rodents prowling the streets and the occasional (four) legged kind scurrying about, this city is in it's rejuvenating state.

Three golden panes in a navy blue sky,two of them sit side by side floating in a corner, the third dead center four levels below them.         

Caffine stimulated? weary driven? or just insomniacs perhaps? either way no motion in sight.

I feel a breeze..the air is much colder up here tonight. I glance over to my left past the urban forest and I see the small dimly lit viaduct and there are no angry trolls that live underneath, just a few homless souls without enough to eat.

The wind carries the stench of what lies to my right, silhouettes of skeletal remains reside in this barbed wire fortress. A sharp odor of metal, decades old rust, and dry oil emanate from these recreational chariots that once provided soccer moms and drug mules the comfort of escorting their precious cargo.

Pass the three golden lights far in the distance white specks are scattered into the dark that mirror the sky above.Every so often blue and red flash and zig zag  across the faux sky, indicating more restlessness.

Their voices echo in my subconscious through out the day, while my nocturnal endeavors await my return from my daylight hibernation.

I find their transformation somewhat comical yet disturbing once the twilight falls on us.

I've seen their mishaps and their missed opportunities, I've seen unavoidable tragedies and love that should have been avoided.The violence and brutality, their lust and their kindness.

I myself have had events that have ruffled my feathers and needed correcting, and since then have done so but people are strange creatures of habit that do not learn from their mistakes, I mull over the irony and their repetitivness and I am slightly amused for a moment I laugh to myself and wonder if that is why they have bestowed the title of "wise" upon me?

Suddenly a figure appears in one of the honey squared windows, In a foreign tounge I here a sad mating song.."Alivia mi corazon con sus palabras de carino, Alivia mi alma con sus abrasos de amor, Alivia me con tu sonrisa...tu vos...y tu besos de passion, Alivia mis suenos y entra mi realidad.....Alivia me"...Before visually alerting the world to the outcome, I sense the sadness withdraw and an overwhelming joy appear, I can only assume that the gesture was reciprocated, but my instincts are on point as I see the smile develope.

It's not very often that I witness such a tender moment, It gives me hope that humanity may one day appreciate this world and show a remorseful side and it gives me hope that it will one day repay this world for all of it's gluttonous actions.

Nightly rituals are filled with with good natured ambition and some leary tension, but some nights are like bad weather, a different kind of storm comes through .....With thunderous cracks and quick flashes of light heartbroken screams fade into blazing sirens and colored lights.

And they have the nerve to call us animals.

Tonight has been unbelievably placid, in a few hours illumination will rise up, bringing with it a sense of security.Until the darkness returns once again shadowing the city with opportunities of pain and pleasure good and evil. Overpopulation is problematic in any species, survival of the fittest is a must but unnecessary elimination is an atrocity that has become so commonplace that blood spilled within the family is inevitable and acceptable.

Existence has become a chore for the majority, quality of life has suffered the burden of an acquisitive society. At this moment in time restructure of this societies selfdestructive nature has been an continuous failure. The only hope for my offspring and the generations to follow is to hide in the sky above the all the chaos.....

It will always be colder the higher we go.....but never as cold as down below...

© 2008 Juan


Author's Note

Juan
Many cities, many people and many years of traveling confirms the sad truth, we are living in a "new" Sodom and Gomorrah....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, Juan, I like your last line. It will always be colder the higher we go... but never as cold as below. So, true and I loved your espanol. You have this gift of fitting a whole scenerio into short sentences. Like one of your lines can tell a whole story. Cooool!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I didn't know where this was going at first, but it was well worth reading the whole thing to find out! Nicely set out too, with the centering alignment. Excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2008
Last Updated on July 3, 2008

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan