Love

Love

A Poem by Jules
"

Falling into an abyss with the loss of a loved one.

"

 

                Love…

 

Sometimes when it rains, a rainbow will appear, a gentle breeze, a welcome glow and a smile to cheer.


A ray of sunshine touches my cheek, a breath of air caresses my ear, an earthquake shakes my legs and an icicle melts within.

 

Caught in a whirlwind of feelings some old and some new, not understanding the experience, everything’s askew.

 

A sea of calm turns to turmoil, howling winds and driving rain.  Cold and miserable, tired and hungry, longing for peace again.

 

The leaves fall and with it I fall into a ravine, an overpowering sense of loss, confusion and pain.

 

Like ice I am frozen, motionless, and numb.  Was it love that I felt or am I just dumb?

 

Does anybody really care the feelings that I feel, after all this is my poem and I’m diagnosed as ill.

 

To recover is not simple there is so much pain, how can I show my feelings and feel whole again?

 

 

 

© 2008 Jules


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

As you clearly wrote, love can be a storm that sometimes ravishes the heart, mind and soul. You entailed the beauty of it as well as the ugly. Overall this was a excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great sadness at love lost, and the emotions were well written and giving.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This poem was very very good. It has a nice rhythm to it.The best part of it for me was the last line. It has power in it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The title made me rush for the read and catch for the kill...
Now the poem its self, very emotional as Fallen angel said, beautiful, truly amazing

All the best,
Tamer Qtaish

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very emotional poem!! has good rhyming and is greatly detailed. well done!! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2008

Author

Jules
Jules

Bristol, United Kingdom



About
I have started to feel alive again, and through poetry I found a way to release emotions that can eat you alive. I have a daughter who is talented in many ways and hope that when she grows up she wil.. more..

Writing
Eternal Flame Eternal Flame

A Poem by Jules