Bad Stalker

Bad Stalker

A Chapter by JulianaSun
"

Ana doesn´t want to be a normal vampire and she is on the right track

"

Some say that the best thing about being a vampire is immortality.Well, they're flat out wrong.In my humble opinion "as an eight year old vampire "not having to shop for food is the best part. I mean,back when I used to be human, I wasted at least one hour a day deciding what kind of food to buy and how to cook it.Now,I only eat/drink blood. No complications. No stress.


Come to think of it,getting hold of blood is quite tricky when you're not a cold-hearted killer who enjoys draining out bodies and chopping them up(most of my kind seem to find the business of tearing asunder a human body rather pleasurable whilst I find it messy and unnecessary).

Why be cruel when you're already a monster?Clichés are so boring,and I don't want to be a cliché.Besides,we only get one life "in my case,one eternity.So,why not be original?A monster with a taste for torture and mayhem doesn't shock anybody,right?Now,a vampire with a blood-drinking habit that doesn't go around snapping necks and glamoring people is something else entirely.Or so I think.These days,you just can't be sure what's shocking and what's not.Entertainment,in all its forms,has rendered people dauntless before the horrors of reality.And its marvels too.It's like people are expecting special effects and photo shopping at every corner.


People are weird (weirder than us-the things crawling in the shadows).Take this Henry Carter guy,for example.In the hour that I've been stalking him all throughout the supermarket  (okay,stalking might be too strong a word;walking close behind is more appropriate)he has only picked up a toothbrush and two cans of non alcoholic beer.Seriously!Who needs that much time to buy three freaking items!He spent twenty minutes in front of the toothbrushes!What the hell is so complicated about them?


Were he not a person of interest,I would have given up after the first fifteen minutes.I can't leave without talking to him.Not today.It's been already four days and I still haven't spoken to him.I've been racking my brains for a perfect strategy.But,so far,I've come up empty.


Now,if I were hunting him,things would be pretty straightforward and easy.I would wear skimpy clothes and plenty of make-up and I would bat my eyelashes at him and smile lusciously,and then I would lure him in a dark alley and gnaw at his neck as if it were corn on a cob.But,I can't do that.Obviously.I'm want his help,not his blood.


He suddenly halts before the coffee shelf.Oh,no!Please,choose faster!Slowly,I creep a little closer so that I can take a better look at him and get a whiff of his scent.His tracing the coffee prices with his index finger while muttering god knows what.I could tune up my hearing,readjust it,so that I can understand his muttering,but I don't think it's worth the effort.


Instead,I seize him up and draw a mental picture of his outward appearance.While scent trumps physical aspect each time,it's good to have some visual aid when tracking someone.It enhances the other senses.He´s quite handsome,if you like tall,blond guys with gray eyes and sinewy arms.Well,he has to have an athletic body considering that he´s a cop.Wait,not a cop.An agent working for the Department of International Crimes (one of those agencies that shouldn´t exist but everyone knows they´re real).I guess that kicking a*s all day long requires a lot of stamina.Okay,focus Ana!Focus!


Ah,he´s going to the cash register!Hallelujah!I skittle behind like a mouse going for the cheese.I wait for him to pay while pretending to be engrossed in the study of hair dye and its many varieties.He´s done!As soon as he walks out of the supermarket,I bolt after him.

Once we´re both in the parking lot (lucky me,there´s barely anyone around),I decide to play the role of the damsel in distress.What should I go with?Spraining my ankle?A sudden faint overcoming my senses?Decisions,decisions.I have to hurry up because he has already loaded the bags in the trunk!


"Ouch!"I scream and grimace as if someone has just squashed my feet.

He turns his head and starts walking towards me.For greater impact,I crumble to the ground and put a tight grip on my ankle. (I´m not even wearing heels for god sakes!I should have gone with the fainting,but now it´s too late!)


"I think I hurt my ankle,"I whine while trying to look cute and helpless.


He scoffs.Hmm,I didn´t expect this kind of reaction.Isn´t he supposed to help me up first?What sort of chivalrous behavior is this!


"I see that you have finally decided to make your move,"he says,arms crossed to the chest.


So,he knew that I was following him?Damn!What am I to do now?Admit to everything?No,no.Play dumb,Ana!Play dumb!


"I don´t know what you´re talking about...sir,"I replymeekly,eyes glued to the ground. (Sir!What is wrong with you?)


"Who sent you?"he asks,darkly.


Oh,he seems angry!Maybe,I should spill the beans.


"Uh...I....Er..."

I can´t tell him the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth,though.So,I´ll go for option number two.Half of the truth.


"Come on,speak!Who sent you?"he demands,his voice sounding even more threatening.


"I want to work for D.I.C...."I blurt out. "I mean...for the Department of International Crime,"I say again when I suddenly realize what the abbreviation stands for and that I didn't quite pronounce it correctly.(They should have chosen a better name).


Henry gapes at me as if I have just said the most shocking thing in the world.Of course,it´s shocking.I´m not supposed to know about D.I.C...The Department of International Crime.


" I don´t have time for this,"he says,turning around and heading back to his car.


"Wait!"I spring to my feet and chase after him. "Wait!"This jerk is faster than he looks,and I can´t even use my vampire speed!

He gets into the car and slams the door closed.I bang against his window,but he doesn´t roll it down.


"I just want to talk to you!"I say. "Only for a moment.It's important!"


"I don´t have time for pranks!Give this message to Simon,"he shouts.And then,he does something that I would have never expected someone like him to do-he flips his middle finger at me!


The engine roars lazy in the summer heat,and the car swishes past me while I stand there.Like an idiot.Dumbfounded and stunned.What just happened?And who the hell is Simon?



© 2015 JulianaSun


Author's Note

JulianaSun
Read and review :)) Pleeaseee.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi! I just started watching True Blood and I see a lot of similarities! I like the first person perspective in which you write. There are some grammar and convention issues I noticed as I read but this can be fixed with another read over. One suggestion I have is about this paragraph

Anyway, I was talking about me being a vampire and how wonderful all that was because I didn't have to shop for food. Guess where I am right now? Yep, I'm in a supermarket strolling the aisles and throwing bags of junk food in my basket. Technically speaking, I'm not shopping, but rather stalking somebody. Okay, stalking might be too strong a word. I'm only walking close behind him and watching his every move.

I feel like here you are being too obvious about the intentions. Let the reader figure out what's going on rather than giving away the premise of this chapter. Show rather than tell (an issue I find difficult as well!)

Posted 8 Years Ago


JulianaSun

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the awesome review. I´ll put my pretty little brain to work right now and do some editin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: vampire, immortality, blood, monster