Into the Sea

Into the Sea

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

This just came to me. it tells a sad, heartfelt story, and a crude one at that.

"
Heart racing, head spinning, into the night I run.
Tears streaming, dreams falling, into the night I run.
Heart aching, lungs heaving, into the night I run.
Running away from the nightmare.
The blood, everywhere.
I stop. Heartbreak-then anger.
Hatred courses through my veins.
Revenge occupies my mind.
I turn, a plan forming, eyes searching for a place to hide, a weapon to use against my offender. There, on the street, the glint of light off of a jagged piece of glass
I walk, slowly, to the aqua blue sea, sand sticks to my bare feet. Fog sits just above the water, haunting, sparkling mildly in the harsh street light. I step slowly into the icy cold water, my white nightgown blowing in the light breeze. The moon breaks through the clouds. As I turn to witness the full moon, I see the dark silhouette of a man. I squeeze the glass in anticipation of revenge. Blood drips from the fresh gash in my hand, diluting the water until it is the color of rust. I can see the feature of the man now, the murder of family, and friends. The killer of dreams. 
"Jessica...You need to come with me Jessica." The monster says his blonde shaggy hair covering his eyes. I spit in his direction, barley missing his shoes. He takes a slow step forward. He hasn't noticed the weapon. I take a step back farther into the water, the bottom of my night gown is soaked. 
"Jessica, your parents are looking for you. You need to come home, You don't want to worry them anymore do you?" He said, reaching out a hand.
"THEY ARE DEAD! YOU MURDERED THEM! I am 14 not 8 you sick b*****d!" I scream silently in my head. An idea slowly enters my mind. I take a step forward and allow the tears to slip from my eyes, feigning trust. I walk to the man, wrap my arms around his waist.
"There there Jessie. Ill get you home safely" The man said rubbing my back. I raise the glass, the sharp edges slit my skin, then, I strike. I can feel the blood gush from the deep hole in his back. I keep hugging him as he chokes on his own crimes. I let go and he falls to the ground, the glass, now extruding from his chest. I step by his head the i drop to my knees, lean by his ear and I whisper,
"Goodbye big brother" and he breathes his last breath...
Legs kicking, heart beating, into the sea I swim.
Mind easy, mouth smiling....Into the sea I stay.


© 2011 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sean Eddingfield...Put yourself in her place. Feel what she feels throw yourself into the story, cause its not just words...Its a life...Imagine if it were your life. Don't just read words on a page...Make the words have meaning. You obviously aren't.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sad... not scary. Thanx for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow. i held my breath through this. ur a really great writer. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ivy
You're a really great writer! I'm really impressed! It was a beautiful poem, with strong imagery. I loved the flow and structure. It was fantastic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you create vivid images with your words ~ amazing story telling

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
reb
Julie, I am impressed with your writing. I think you have found your talent. I love you. Keep writing! Mom

Posted 13 Years Ago


the heart, the night, the anger... the darkness. It's hard to write with fresh creativity about these themes. I think you've deftly accomplished an original composition using these themes. Good pace here, fresh revealing narrative, interesting to read. Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


now this here is electric storytelling~ the scenic descriptives are powerful~ the emotional content is incredibly potent~

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was powerful, full of image, image I could envision like a scene in a movie. I like the way you wrote this. It moved rite on. The last few lines I was not expecting.

I will read more of you

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really powerful, and a wonderfully executed concept. I think that perhaps you could go over it again and maybe look over grammar stuff and add in some more descriptions to really draw the reader into the beginning. The ending was sublime (in its original meaning: terrifying and beautiful). Excellent write.

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cellar Door Cellar Door

A Poem by Muse


Monday In My Eye Monday In My Eye

A Poem by OT