A Silent Scream

A Silent Scream

A Story by prachi prangya agasti
"

A deadly silent scream is your broken-heart falling into the abyss of pain.

"

A deadly silent scream is your broken-heart falling into the abyss of pain. It swallows you in its mess and you think solitude would heal your scars but loneliness eats your insides and breaks you with a constant yearning for love.


What does mourning sounds like? Water freezing quietly, like an empty soul weeping bitterly, aching for someone to make you finally breathe after moments of breathlessness. The cruel sense of humour is that you do not die of heartbreak even if you so desperately wish to. When you are shattered, you reside in the maze of days that are no more while idle tears leave their home and fall freely haunting you day and night. Amidst the fairy-tale of yellow pages, your heart battles the scariest war- the battle of letting go.


You stand beside the window watching the devastating darkness in the sky and feel like the night would last forever and when you see a star shooting across it you close your eyes instantly for that one wish to happen. And desperately long to believe in miracles even though knowing a wound lasts for a lifetime. But grief is something that annihilates the fire of hope and heartbreak is a poison that starts from a specific coordinate of the heart slowly slipping into the locations of every good feeling. Hence, fear seeps in instead of relief, fear to be broken in hundreds of places with hundreds of people.


And in that brief moment of heartache and blurry lines of hope and pain you resolve to give up to stand in a place of stillness. A state of high where you’re neither happy nor sad, just utterly and completely still unaware of all the motions around you. You start creating an impenetrable fortress around your vulnerable heart, each brick camouflaging the emotion that you can’t even recognize.


Then long after the reasoning with affairs of choking chains, the curse of realization sets in, that nothing would ever be the same again. And you learn the subtle difference between holding hands and chasing hearts and realize that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises. You decide to find a link along which you can bare your soul to. You wait for the light to creep into the darkest corners of your heart and through tear soaked eyes you watch the stars come in the same night. While the spells of aching and sleepless nights slowly become absurd, you wish for a rain to wash away the dirt of scrambled faith and a shattered heart. 

© 2017 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thanks for your reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A sad story written.
"You decide to find a link along which you can bare your soul to. You wait for the light to creep into the darkest corners of your heart and through tear soaked eyes you watch the stars come in the same night. While the spells of aching and sleepless nights slowly become absurd, you wish for a rain to wash away the dirt of scrambled faith and a shattered heart. "
The above lines isn't enough. Some hurt cannot be forgotten. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much...:-)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Loved reading this, Prachi! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thank you...
touched.
a few of grammatical errors are to be taken care of.
beautiful content and expressions

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thank you.....
Third paragraph - the first sentence need to be cut into 2.
Overall, even though this piece was filled to the brim with sadness, I have to say that the piece was pretty darn good and your play on words is pretty damn neat.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thank you... :)
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Welcome.
Mark.
This is very good to read..wonderful I say, enjoyed the story from the top..very well created work.😊

Posted 7 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2017
Tags: silence, broken heart

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


WATCHING WATCHING

A Poem by M. L. F.