Stories are Immortality

Stories are Immortality

A Story by prachi prangya agasti
"

Stories are light that blinds your heart with hope. So I write to find the strength within me, to become the person hidden inside of me. I write to live the ending that never star-crossed in my life.

"

“Grandpa, tell me a story.” Her eyes lightened up with the vivid images of a fictional world, she always longed to hear.

“Again?” Her grandfather smiled questioningly. She nodded her head and looked at him expectantly. Why did she loved stories so much? Maybe because every story had an ending. Every story took her on a ride to a new world of hope and belief.

Evangeline wiped away the single tear that rolled down her cheek and she crawled back from the high of those memories. She stared at the blank pages in front of her and then into the hollowness of her heart. It has always been like this; camouflaging her emotions within the edges of a fresh inkling. She has learnt that some stories didn’t have a clear ending but sometimes enveloping them with a broken truth simply creates magic.

How could a story end when you can never forget the sentiments embedded in them? People leave, hearts break, loved ones die and people fail but these never lead to the end of a chapter but a significant persistent heartache. She did, with every scar etched on her heart, they told different poignant tales.

So, here she was hiding within the magic of those leaflets she had scribbled. She has become the storyteller of pain and has made stories out of her heartbreak but masking each one of them with an ending people craved. No one knew she has become the story they so eagerly read. Amidst those great stories she is lost beneath their mysteries.

She has carved the agony, love, hope, longings, life, beauty, vain and every single entity of people onto white spaces, secretly living in the gaps between those words. No one knew she has become the wildest thing of all; an untold story along the fragile lines of those scarred sheets. 

© 2017 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thank you for the reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As a child I would prefer everyone to tell me stories... my mom had to make up stories so that I would eat food.... :) I loved reading ... I was always open to new stories...
Writing story is not yet a part of me... I still like sharing them in my poems...

Nice read dear... and I like the way you tell the story ... :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thanks so much
You have create a wonderful story. So much good wisdom and good thoughts shared. I agree. Stories allow us to travel, dream and accomplish great things. Thank you Prachi for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome Prachi.
Nice nostalgic write, maybe with autobigraphical echoes...enjoyed it

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Well constructed, thoughtfully penned and had such an emotional feel to it, which made the piece a beautiful read.

Mark.


Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much
Wow! This is quite interesting..lovely to read and worth reading..beautiful

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thank you.... :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017
Tags: Stories, memories, life

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..