Hope ruins you

Hope ruins you

A Story by prachi prangya agasti
"

Hope is the easiest thing that turn into dust.

"

As she gazed at a slow and endless drizzle this afternoon, she descended into the cobwebs of hundreds of things about him that had quietly crawled into the nest of her heart.

Somehow she knew that she wouldn’t be able to meet him again. Yet somehow she had let him break her heart for nth time, again. She was just too stubborn to admit it. Several years after their separation she had calmly sighed at the thought of meeting him; staying still and not flinching when the phone chimed with his message. Because maybe, just maybe she could look him in the eye without hurting anymore. Maybe she could smile at his lame jokes without falling for him hard again. She never thought it could be messier. Yet a tiny little part of her knew they could never cross that terrible distance between them; she could never laugh about it without letting him break her heart. Because he could never be over the constraints of a relationship they had, he could never be the one to get over his pride and arrogance taking one step towards something that they could have. Because in his heart there was a trace of fear and raging war that he never allowed himself to overcome.

But now she couldn’t be mad at him because this was who he was, always been. She had been hanging on to this weird feeling of hope for far too long, waiting for him to take charge of his actions.; being a victim of her own optimism. Because he keeps consuming himself with his arrogance and she keeps forgiving it. Disappointment that’s what she felt when she saw his final text after a debate of meeting somewhere at four. She felt a sense of loss for something she never probably had. After all these years, he hasn’t changed, the one who gives and takes away at the same instant. She felt in her pit of stomach the familiar ache, the regret that he could only give.

She picked up her phone and played with the letters and then backspaces for quite a time. Every time he let his arrogance and ego rule him, his words burnt a hole in her chest, and her heart was sinking. She was left with nothing but a few syllables of overwhelming emotions she was craving to lash out on him. But she refrained herself. Because once she has foolishly surrendered her mind to a knot sitting in his heart that refuses to reply. She had let her mended heart crawl into the pool of his words, a spell that he create from time to time. So, she wants this to end here. No longer would she indulge in the hope of seeing him for one last time. Because it is hope that easily turns into dust. It is hope that makes these rainy days lonelier. And he is the master of hollow words and empty promises reminding her of all the broken places he had left in her.

The rain was falling through her heart and she let the drops wash off the scent of silent longings, raging debacles and jaded love. 

© 2017 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thanks for the reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was an interesting story to read..

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks...:-)
Fact, occurred in all lives, very well penned. some edits will make it more shiny.
Keep writing dear.

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much...:-)
"...she descended into the cobwebs of hundreds of things about him that had quietly crawled into the nest of her heart." Cobwebs, crawling, nest - excellent consistent "spider" imagery.

He keeps consuming himself with his arrogance is spot on. The master of hollow words - yes.

This piece has a few sentences that need restructuring, but these do not detract from the overall tone and content.

Thanks for a good read. Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much...:-)
Honest,strong and worthwhile tale written.
"The rain was falling through her heart and she let the drops wash off the scent of silent longings, raging debacles and jaded love. The rain was falling through her heart and she let the drops wash off the scent of silent longings, raging debacles and jaded love. "
I liked the above lines. Realistic ending to life and love. Thank you Prachi for sharing your amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thank you....:-)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Impressive indeed! I liked it..keep writing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much...
Sofia

6 Years Ago

My pleasure!
wonderful write....i loved it so much.

Posted 6 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

6 Years Ago

Thanks.....:-)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017
Tags: hope, ruined, broken heart, love

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by MsJewel