My Stories

My Stories

A Story by Junert
"

The stories that keep life intriguing. My favorite stories.

"
When I first read The Prince of Tide, well Pat Conroy was Tom Wingo. And he said it wasn't a love story. I kept wondering what happened to Lila, their mother. When little Savannah said, " Mama do that again." you see you can't call for the moon twice. Then I know Lila Wingo was no deity. I like the Wingos. Laught first, never cry. Even when you do cry, it must be after laughing. And Amos Wingo? That man was a saint. Who put tyres on their cross for Easter? And cries "JESUS" when climaxing. Tolitha you see taught me of black widows. The old girl actually posed in her dream casket with make-up for the undertaker. Snow was a porpoise. I know it's in water. I don't know if it's a fish. And that Bengal tiger shouldn't have died. When Savannah carried her stillborn sister from the freezer to her bed, she was already a lunatic. When Lila described her kids as, ' Luke the fanatic, Savannah the lunatic and Tom the looser', she wasn't her mean self. She was disappointed. Then I read My Sister's Keeper. I thought it was cruel Anna lived for her sister. And Sarah, her mother, well she had me boiling for days. Jesse was a messed up teenager. What with going around setting things ablaze? His father, Brian, was a fireman. When Kate got a boyfriend who was sick as well, I thought it was sweet. At least the boy was. And when they'd kiss at that leukemia kids prom, he said no one will attend his funeral. She promised she would. And she didn't even know days after he was buried. You see he died when he got home that prom night. From too much excitement I guess. And the dog, Judge, was a great one. I just didn't understand why Anna won her case, got medical emancipation and still died. She did live for her sister, Kate. And oh, Love In The Time Of Cholera. What a title? The man who was a saint, Saint Amoure or wrong name. He didn't want to live beyound seventy. Had to escape the madness of extreme old age. Well the Saint wasn't such a saint. He took his life days after his seventieth birthday. And that doctor, the old guy fell of the tree just when he got hold of the parrot. Well guess that's all I've read in that one. So far. God bless the creators of One Tree Hill. It's like I lived their lives with them. Over and over. If I go on about the Scotts, and the Ravens, and Tree Hill, there'd be no page for review you see. I love these stories. You should too.

© 2013 Junert


Author's Note

Junert
There must be grammer errors I think. Just had to write what writes me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wasn't there a movie based on the book awhile back? For some reason, I'm thinking Barbara Streisand? Excellent write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Yeah the Prince of Tides, most of Pat Conroy's books are made into films.
Interesting. This is well written and very intriguing. I would split up the paragraphs a bit I do enjoy your writing though! I don't think I've read the Prince of Tide however I may have to pick it up :) Thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is good story,but I think if you write little store maybe it is be better...a little word but a great idea..it wea my opinion.thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Junert

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate the advice.
Interesting point of view...loved the "Prince of Tide "...after reading this, memories started to unlock about the storyline...love it...enjoyed reading

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Yeah that's a great story, maybe because it's half true. Thanks.
Nice story it is.....i really enjoyed:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Junert

11 Years Ago

Thanks Nithin.
Nithin Purple

11 Years Ago

;;)
"The Prince of Tides" is one f my favorite books. I didn't read "My Sister's Keeper." Long algo I read "Love in the Time ofCholera," but don't remember now what it was about. You are obviously well read, and I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Junert

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I thought no one was going to like this. To like the stories I love most. Thank.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: tides, keeper, cholera, north carolina

Author

Junert
Junert

Tema, Greater Accra, Ghana



About
I'm intrested in writing and reading fictional novels. Also wants to make friends with people with such intrests. more..

Writing
My Carolina My Carolina

A Poem by Junert