The End

The End

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz
"

I based this entire poem off the last line which I heard on an episode of South Park. The J.Lo one

"

And so it ends here.

It is all over for me.

My sins have finally caught up with me.

The mask has been cracked, I am the only fool to be found now.

See through me and strike my heart with your piercing stares.

The mask no longer protecting me, I find myself weak.

Unable to handle the contempt in the demeanor of those around. I find only one path to take.

The beat of my heart slows, breathing now takes effort.

My eyes peek at the world one final time and then shut for good.

As I struggle to remain conscious, words unspoken, promises broken, views shaken, paths taken, all of the life I have experienced flow through my mind.

A life truly lived, having experienced greatness and degradation.

And now the life ending with regrets and sudden edification.

And so I wonder.. I wonder... will I dream.....




 Senpai - The End, Anime writing contest

© 2011 Jupiter Jazz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like
"My sins have finally caught up with me.
The mask has been cracked, I am the only fool to be found now.
See through me and strike my heart with your peircing stares."
That part. It feels like something I can really relate too. This is great work. Good choice of words. :D Keep up the awesome work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

'...with regrets and sudden edification."
Truly, the moment of sudden edification will come as a thief in the night, surprising many who imagined themselves adequately prepared.
As to whether you will dream, I believe you will come to see this terrestrial phase as the dream, and your "then" state as the long hoped-for reality.
A lovely, touching and thought provoking writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong poem, the words flow beautifully as they come to your mind, sort of a "stream of consciousness write". Well done! Thank you for submitting this to my "Keeping the Dream Alive" contest! Helena :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it! So creative! The imagery is so vivid and strong. Filled with so much emotion. Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This piece is so dark, vivid and emotionally strong! I love the raw feeling I get from this...it's wonderful! = ]

-Femme_Gothique (Brittany)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah. How the last line just makes this poem for me, I cannot explain. But I do like it indeed! Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very compelling and interesting take on what I interpreted to be reflection before inevitable death. It's funny that I came across such a beautiful piece as this when similar ideas and concepts have been making themselves present in my own mind as of late. It has a soft feel too it, however, it's accompanied by a heavy weight of insight and the nearly overbearing truth that the end is, well, truly the end. All that you have to show for it is the impact of the life you led.

Magnificent and thought provoking. I enjoyed it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So neatly written...Nice writing... :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


My favorite line was: "and now the life ending with regrets and sudden edification."

I thought you expressed yet another beautiful flowy poem. Like all your other ones, this one you could tell had some hidden emotions in it. I loved the way you expressed it so well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


love this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the part 'As I struggle to remain conscious,words unspoken,promises broken,views shaken,paths taken,
All of the life I have experienced greatness and degradation'
It is so well worded,keep up the fab work :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

608 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on December 17, 2011

Author

Jupiter Jazz
Jupiter Jazz

About
W.C. Name: happens to be the name of the Cowboy Bebop episode I was watching when I made the account Real Name: consists of letters, that form words, that spell something Gender: hint- it ends w.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz