Atypically Misunderstood

Atypically Misunderstood

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz

Alone in my room, writing pieces of myself into my journal.

The walls have ears.

My family trying to figure me out, but they’ve never listened.

Rather, they listen, but they don't hear.

I've explained myself so many times, but they still don't understand.

I'm weird.. Abnormal.. Atypical.

But this planet is full of the unique and original.

So I'm not alone.

Life and time are infinite.. Perpetual..

Their will be more like me, choosing to "follow the grain in your own wood."




 Lord Otaku - Atypically MisunderstoodAnime writing contest

 Second Place - Atypically Misunderstood Anything writing contest

© 2012 Jupiter Jazz


Author's Note

Jupiter Jazz
Quote by Howard Thurman
Poem for Albert's Poetry Cafe ~ "Tovli's Ten" with Helena

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"follow the grain in your own wood". I love that! Yes, we poets/writers and indeed most creative people are a misunderstood lot at times. We certainly 'march to a tune of a different drummer!"

But hey, we wouldn't have it any other way, would we my friend?

Keep following the grain in your wood! Who cares what ppl say!

Thanks for submitting this to the contest.

Helena







Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Really nice and well writted. I love the emotion behind it. So many people are labled as "wierd" but we're just unique.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done. I can so relate. I love the font you used. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I'm weird..Abnormal..Atypical.
But this planet is full of the unique and original" those lines i relate to. Everyone wants to be something they are not instead of just being theirselves. This was a great poem with meanind. Well written and i love the font :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so insightful. Well penned. A lot of the time people might listen but never really hear us. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I know how you feel. Parents want whats best for their children but sometimes they get so caught up in what they think is "best" they forget that they should be guiding us to Best instead of leading us to Best. But I really liked reading this. it was very intimate, it also painted a really good picture. I felt like I was a fly on the wall, watching as you penned yourself into you journal :) I also really liked that quote! That's going on my facebook haha. Great write, lovely read! Thanks for posting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the word choice. Perpetual is one of my favorite words. "Rather they listen, but they don't hear," is my favorite line. I really like this poem. It's honest.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a very brilliant way of expressing a great idea...This poem is really amazing...I like the first line! I write on my journal as well...Haha! :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love 'writing pieces of myself into my journal' , seems surreal and normal for peopl who feel differently to what we do best :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

990 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

Jupiter Jazz
Jupiter Jazz

About
W.C. Name: happens to be the name of the Cowboy Bebop episode I was watching when I made the account Real Name: consists of letters, that form words, that spell something Gender: hint- it ends w.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..