Superhero name

Superhero name

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl
"

Here's my peice for the competition.

"

There was a loud crashing noise, coming from above me. The ceiling tiles were giving away, but I had a while yet. Is wasn't exactly rocket science running was it? You lift your leg and move out the way, which is something that I'm especially good at. The sleek fabric of my all in one fits over my skin perfectly, enhancing my soft curves. There was another crash, and then there was heat everywhere as flames began licking against the walls, and more importantly; my face. I might have super human abilities, but I wasn't fire proof. Plus... there was a few 'technical' problems with my new suit. In other words: it sucked. Big time. I ducked, and ran into one of the rooms next to me, my body nothing but a blur as I moved. My body swam out of focus momentarily, and I realised that the smoke fumes were messing with my image.

"Hello?" Someone wimpered from the corner, covered in a coat so they were partially hidden in the haze of smoke. It was a young boy, perhaps only eight or nine years of age. Who the hell in the right mind set fire to a building with kids in it? When I got this guy out, I was going to hunt down those idiots, and give them a peice of my mind... and my fist. The boys eyes widened, and he tried to stand up. Another burst of flames came through the door, forcing it open, and making the boy stagger back to the ground. "I knew you would come." He said with a forced smile.

"Why is that?" I asked, making my way over to him, and pulling him up hooking an arm under his shoulder. He shrugged, his face covered in grime and soot from the building destructing its self. His body sagged slightly, and he looked up at me, innocence filling his eyes.

"You always do." And then he collapsed. No, seriously; the boy crumpled, and I had to swing him on to my back so that I had a better hold on him as I walked over to the shattered window. There were shards of glass scattered across the floor, and I grabbed hold of the window sill, blood flowing from the cuts that the glass made in my hands. I dragged myself upwards, before checking that my mask was still firmly in place.

I closed my eyes, and thought for a second. Come on buddy, I really need your help right now... Woohoo, I thought, feeling my force feild cover the boy and myself, and then I flung myself from the window, covering the boys head as we prepared for impact.

It was lucky that I began running towards the mob barrier, because just seconds after we jumped, the building exploded, scattering tiny parts of rubble and glass into the air. The audiance screamed, and jumped back, but one risky reporter ran over to me, beaming happilly. Oh, great. I put the boy on the floor, and after checking that he was alive, I turned to face the man.

"Hello, I am Robert Brian reporting live from the warehouse in Lloyd Avenue." He said in an over exaggerative voice. "I am here with..." His voice faltered, and he eyed me nervously. He didn't know my name; of course he didn't. That sort of thing was left for the kids."

"Shimmer." I supplied, shrugging my shoulders. I turned to leave, but the reporter grabbed my hand, his eyes hiding desperation really badly.

"So, Shimmer..." He said, nodding his head as if I had already answered him. "What is it that you do?" I looked at him, raising my eyebrows, and after he showed no signs of leaving rolled my eyes dramatically. I grinned, winking at the camera.

"I Shimmer." And then I ran.



© 2012 JustSomeGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Really good! Totally want to read more of this book;))))

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012


Author

JustSomeGirl
JustSomeGirl

United Kingdom



About
I love writing, and I love to share it with others. I am absoloutly insane, but it's what makes me; me. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl