Blood Stained Cross

Blood Stained Cross

A Story by Tara Togoland
"

Be careful who you hurt today, they might be the reason you would have no tomorrow

"
Presently.....
Mary watched the reporters flashing photographs, the crowd offering silent prayers, tears in every single pair of eyes, and the crime squad fumbling over the mutilated body of a dead man. No one knew the story behind it, who would dare touch a priest, an holy and perfect man. That is, no one except Mary, because he was the beginning of the ending of her life.

Back Then......
Born in the church, baptized in the cathedral, raised with the Christian standards, her life began and would end in Christ. It was all she wanted, her mama had given her a go ahead. She joined the convent, and she did exceptionally well. Then father Thomas came, a wink then an undressing stare, a smile here and there. That day he called her in, she was just fourteen. holding her crucifix she greeted him and it was like a movie when he tore off her tunic.

And Now........
Did she hate him? the injustice of each word to describe how she feels fails miserably. He had made her an outcast in her own universe, a good girl gone bad and scarred forever. It seemed even heaven couldn't save her. She relished the way she made him plead, like he made her beg ten years back, her screams became nothing but a mere echo bouncing off the walls of her head. She watched the life drain from his eyes, the blood stained his cross, it dripped down, a murder in the cathedral. She paid him for every nightmare and sleepless night, scarred him beyond recognition like he had scarred her. An eye for an eye, a life for a life.

The Future.....
The police didn't get her. She walked away from the praying crowd. Mary was her name, such a peaceful name. A name for a disturbed angel whose robe of white had been tainted red. Round her neck hung a cross, another life had just begun. Maybe Jesus would take her back, heaven would hear her prayers, she had killed a man but she could start living an actual life.

© 2014 Tara Togoland


Author's Note

Tara Togoland
This is actually my first short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I must say honestly, personally as a reader I didn't much like the way this was done in sections, It was really distracting for me and made me lose interest, I think you should have just made use of writing techniques such as flashbacks to really show the difference between the past and present

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awwwn. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for my next short story. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I must say honestly, personally as a reader I didn't much like the way this was done in sections, It was really distracting for me and made me lose interest, I think you should have just made use of writing techniques such as flashbacks to really show the difference between the past and present

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: hate, revenge, church, sin, murder, blood, rape, crime, life

Author

Tara Togoland
Tara Togoland

Nigeria



About
My name is Tara. I'm a Nigerian, I love the colours blue and peach. My favourite fashion accessories are bracelets and earrings and my hobbies include writing, reading and spending quality time with m.. more..

Writing