The hidden reality

The hidden reality

A Story by Nishita
"

Have you ever been judged by your physical appearance? Have you ever felt inferior by the way you look? This is a piece of writing which reflects my thoughts on beauty

"

Obsession- it refers to an idea or thought which continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind. An obsession for a person or a thing might be common between us but what is often not given importance is an obsession for beauty.
We live in a society where girls are known for their beauty. A million phrases and a million poems are written to shower praises on it. While literature is highly appreciated all over, what we don’t realize is that these literary works are just an exaggeration of the reality and the creativity of the writer. Readers are cheated into the belief that every girl existing on earth is and should be as beautiful as described. The truth is that every girl is born differently. Not everyone is gifted with a ‘zero figure’. Not everyone is the color of the moon and not everyone is as tall as a model. Lakhs of women are body shamed everyday for the way they look. It leads to an inferiority complex and sometimes, even depression. Not being tall enough makes many girls stand away from the crowd with a fear of being insulted. The feeling just increases when in day to day life, the crowd always gathers around the beautiful and lets alone those who are not gifted with beauty.
One of the most famous love stories describe the moment of falling in love with a woman in the most extraordinary way but at the same time, majority of those stories state beauty as their reason for love. This in turn plants seeds of misconception among many girls and gives rise to a very common question- does love require beauty? Are only the beauties in this world loved? Mistakes can be corrected but not those which aren’t our mistake. Maybe we aren’t to blame the fields of career which worship beauty and hence make it a part of the eligibility criteria to enter that field, for example, the film industry and the beauty pageants. While beauty pageants are specially a competition among the beautiful, the film industry uses it as a promotional benefit for their movies. However, a million girls are left disappointed by this too in spite of all those hours of silent hard work to fulfill expectations and needs. Actresses flaunt their flawless bodies, giving beauty a whole new definition but at the same time, make many girls feel that what they have is not at all considered beauty for the fact that tears and hard works are always limited to the four walls of a room whereas results are always visible to the entire world.
It is true that everyone is gifted with something unique but it is the eyes which thirst for beauty. A few decide to cope up with the expectations of the society and sweat it out in the gym, while few others are just born a bit differently. Exercise and dieting doesn’t end with a full stop for those who just cannot lose weight. Yes, such girls exist. Hours of exercise just does not help them and they are forced to accept themselves, the way they look. It is not their fault; they are just born that way, but the hidden truth cannot be seen by eyes which thirst for beauty. They are called with all the insulting names and are made to feel that they are good for nothing and the worst part is that there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. Choosing friendship and love based on looks does not help make life any better. Every person has a character which can be seen only through the eyes of the heart.
They say looks do not matter, but it definitely matters for those who face the consequences of not being gifted with it. Hatred for oneself takes birth and they feel guilty for what is not their mistake. Beauty fades away, but not the character of that person.
Hoping for a better tomorrow…

© 2017 Nishita


Author's Note

Nishita
It wouldn't be wrong to say that this is a reflection of my personal experience. Have you ever felt the same?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017

Author

Nishita
Nishita

Bangalore , India



About
Hi! This is Nishita here from Bangalore, India. I love dancing, acting and literature. A student and an aspiring actress... That's me! more..

Writing
Unshield Unshield

A Story by Nishita