Fallen Hero

Fallen Hero

A Story by Jvonne

As he made his way past the shadowy ruins of a city once so glorious he struggled to keep his emotions under control. They were like the nearby rushing ocean.
His confused mind took him back to days now lost in the early morning mist. He remembered the honour and he remembered the pride, the admiration in his little boys’ eyes when he looked up at his father.
His son now lay between the lifeless bodies that covered the soil of which so many good crops once came off.
Where did he go wrong? Was it so wrong for him to believe in justice?
He laid down his bloody sword and called out to the sky. There came no answer and the stars seemed to be laughing at him. He could not return to his king, he could not face the ways of life nor could he ever raise his head up high again.
The rain had started to fall now and time seemed to stop. Images of his fellow men raising their swords to him in admiration and trust were now fading away and he was left with a surging pain. As the rain came down harder his tears were turning to stone.
His hart had become hollow and it was without any trace of emotion that he slowly climbed back onto his horse.
The creature only stood still for a few moments but then moved swiftly forward with his master. The faithful horse listened to the command his masters’ hollow hart made and took him to the raging sea.
“Halt” his voice was strong like always but there was a new kind of weakness in the depts. of it.
For a short time they only stood still and listened to the voice of the ocean. A trusty horse and a man who once called a hero.
“Forward!” he commanded
For only a second the beautiful creature hesitated and then moved forward into the salty waters of the sea. He never stopped or hesitated and as the ocean waves became too strong for the creatures legs to handle, he collapsed into the angry waves and faithfully drowned with his master.
The rain had stopped and the sun had begun to rise. The soft morning breeze carried with it the legend of a fallen hero..........


© 2011 Jvonne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this short tale.

Quite tragic! I like how his horse will still obey him in his final command or wish.

Is it a story of a fallen hero unable to recover or someone who gave in too soon? An interesting write.

Well done

Mark

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely done. You brought out the depths of the main character's emotions and explained the scenario briefly and with the perfect words. Needs a bit of touch up in spelling and grammar, though. Then this story will really shine.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a real nice story. The ending was amazing, and how you describe it so nicely put it all together.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 29, 2011

Author

Jvonne
Jvonne

South Africa



Writing
Loving You. Loving You.

A Poem by Jvonne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


White White

A Poem by Hayley