Devoid of Heart

Devoid of Heart

A Poem by KalebG (Cry Faux)
"

The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint.

"

Devoid of Heart

Written by: Kaleb G.Berry

 

The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint.

As if I never had existed at all, a candle of faith is barely strong enough to break my fall in the dark.

Not knowing where I am going; Scared out of my mind.

All these tears mean something aren’t they?

Giving up is an easy way out of here since I am stripped of a heart.

Though if I can hold on, maybe it will all reunite my lost pieces,

Then I can finally hear my heart beat again.

To find those pieces is as impossible like a person who tries to walk on water.

Knowing that having faith may do it, if doubt you shall drown.

Having no heart feels like I am dead, of course without it beating it is the exact same way.

That day comes around February when the hearts suppose to blend with everyone; no only one.

Thine to be mine to love forever more.

I cannot see it, done with it, I closed that door.

Picturing a heart that is lost and scarred wanting to be fed and cured.

Every corner searching gets more depressing, as the day turns to night while the hurt endlessly bite.

Taking a step day by day, you say it will fade but it is no use hiding that pain; the fact of you do not belong.

Your friends ask you what is wrong; you say nothing, but the words you might say turns out to be something.

A heat flash awakes you, the pencil shaking in your hand and you writing and bleeding within.

You look at what you wrote, and erase it as fast as you can.  You feel the rush coming and your head goes down on the table without making a shredding sound.

You don’t cry or murmur, your soul been in a torture chamber that left it breathless for famous words.

The rest of the day goes in silence, all in quiet.

Voices of people in your head laughing at the angel you sweetly held. Insanely you punched a wall near their faces that taunt them and like that they were expelled.

Nothing you can do, but defend your heart; it isn’t any use when you lost it playing a cold game of darts.

You cruse go to hell, and spiting fire into their eyes, wishing they all can die.

Your fire vanquish as they shut the oxygen with the hateful words they dare would diminish in her eyes.

The flame smokes and liquefies into your own sacred “I love you” tears inside your eyes.

You don’t trust anyone, ripping the red apple of color, going along singing that same beautiful song.

Without a heart I can’t feel any emotion but the emptiness of my light floating on the wings of gentle birds, creating more of a heaven that will not come in a few days.

Falsely upholding this image that is not meant to be, that isn’t in fact created by the loving me.

I never cared what anyone say about her, not even when you can feel her warm shadows slip away.

Hasn’t sleep in twelve days, making poems like it is an appetite for my hunger.

I fall into a dream once, twice and five times; all the same under the moon, reemerging back into a complete silent cycle, as the night turns to day.

 

 

 

© 2011 KalebG (Cry Faux)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You can write a story. Amazing description in the story.
"I cannot see it, done with it, I closed that door.
Picturing a heart that is lost and scarred wanting to be fed and cured."
So many statements stood out. A very strong story. I like the complete story. A very good ending to a outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is such a balance here of light and dark, tenderness and rawness.....excellent! I can honestly say, this is so thought provoking love! xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


You can write a story. Amazing description in the story.
"I cannot see it, done with it, I closed that door.
Picturing a heart that is lost and scarred wanting to be fed and cured."
So many statements stood out. A very strong story. I like the complete story. A very good ending to a outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 25, 2011

Author

KalebG (Cry Faux)
KalebG (Cry Faux)

Kansas City, KS



About
I am a teen writer, and college student, who passion is to tell my life through imagination. hoping to become a Game Designer, working with sqaure enix. I create these poems, when i need to c.. more..

Writing