+ le réalisme insouciant coûte l'âme +

+ le réalisme insouciant coûte l'âme +

A Story by K. Harding
"

Monologue of a dying Philosopher.

"

Death is not beautiful, and I've wandered its path too many times. 


Nothing lies behind the void. Death is not a love story about a rendezvous in some other life, because there is no other life. There is nothing noble about death; nothing honourable about your demise.


Tell me, what is so glorious about a silent, apathetic grave?


Do you think that rosewood grain will show you mercy once the dust has settled?


This is all you have.


Forget about false deities greeting you at the gates to Elysium. 


Ignore tales about reincarnation.


Death is not beautiful; but we are all guilty of believing so.


It nothing is but beauty's evanescence into a realm of nihility. Too long I have played out my life under the manipulation of a pendulum, oscillating chimes crucifying my clockwork. Aeons of distorted chimeras playing my obedience; a dead man's clock rusting under reality's fabrications.


Just remember laying it that godforsaken casket, nobody is coming to save you. When you're left to rot and taint the Earth with your bitter soul, the ravens won't shed their tears for you, and Mother Nature won't nurture your bleeding heart.


You're all alone now.


Death is not beautiful; but simply a momentary portrait of a beautiful tragedy. It's only beautiful for a few eternities and then you're gone, sucking out the life of those you left behind. A brief moment that remains irrelevant in the natural order of this world.


What is a brief moment in a world millions of years old? Inferior.


Make yourself relevant.


Assemble the constellations under a breath. 
Endow your footprint on Eden's grass for history to remember. 
Transcend into your own divinity and compose your own universe. 
Paint your own scenery to silence the snow. 
Lace your manna in the wintry air. 
Find your lullaby in every sunrise.
Swim the horizons that compose the shore. 
Simply, live.
Because to live is your only freedom. 
And without freedom, we are all dead.


+ le réalisme insouciant coûte l'âme +  

© 2016 K. Harding


Author's Note

K. Harding
Hope this may help a few of you suffering with depression.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think this is great for someone with depression, If anything it just makes me think that life is pointless. I get that you want people to leave an impact but the words come off a little bit too strong. Also your title translates to "reckless realism costs the soul" which I really understand seeing as how your poem reflects pure realism in a sense.Other than that I love your use of lucid words with no fear of repercussions in life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K. Harding

8 Years Ago

I was not trying to state that life is pointless, I was merely stating that in the grand of things y.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D.G
This is great--people need to get over their hopeful delusions and come to terms with the fact that life is transient, and you die at the end of it, and that that's about all there is. If only these certain willful capitulators to eternal slavey, who can't take credit for anything they do, without involving a supernatural sadomasochist... could realize a one-time-shot when they experience one, and cherish it, then maybe we'd all stop whining about everything, and start doing our very best. Realizing that if you "don't get this life right" you most likely WILL "die unfulfilled and unhappy," provides a hell of a motive not to, doesn't it?

Nice slice of truth, here, K. Wolf. I especially enjoyed this line:

"Make yourself relevant."

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think this work is supposed to serve as a proverbial slap in the face for anyone who is undervaluing life and over valuing death. I definitely get anti-religious vibes from this piece, which I wholeheartedly approve of, but I do not think you are leaving much room for any beliefs or confidence in themselves. Yes we all have one life to live, but you are leaving us nothing to look forward to in a sense. What if we don't get this life right? Then we just die unfulfilled and unhappy? A waste of a life? It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, to live without hope. But it also promotes living without fear. What do we have to lose, right? We all die in the end.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K. Harding

8 Years Ago

This was written from a dark place - when I was over thinking the way I had made no impact in this w.. read more
Your verbiage is transcendent. I enjoy the exploration of existentialism, though the suggestion that philosophy might be a cure for mental illness is a bit bold.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K. Harding

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback, of course I don't claim philosophy can cure mental illness just on it's.. read more
I don't think this is great for someone with depression, If anything it just makes me think that life is pointless. I get that you want people to leave an impact but the words come off a little bit too strong. Also your title translates to "reckless realism costs the soul" which I really understand seeing as how your poem reflects pure realism in a sense.Other than that I love your use of lucid words with no fear of repercussions in life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K. Harding

8 Years Ago

I was not trying to state that life is pointless, I was merely stating that in the grand of things y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2016
Last Updated on March 8, 2016
Tags: Horror, Surrealism, Twisted, Dark, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, Edgar Allan Poe, Monologue, Poem, Philosopher, Dying, Death, Spiritual, Self Help

Author

K. Harding
K. Harding

United Kingdom



About
Philosopher of the stars. A voice in the choir of scars. Inspired by Tuomas Holopainen & Edgar Allan Poe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..