OPPRESSION

OPPRESSION

A Poem by KWP
"

.... just thinking about life and what annoys the crap out of me big time ....

"

Oppressor: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” 


Oppressed: Whatever do you mean? We are all equal on this earth, we must learn to live together.


Oppressor: There must be the rule makes to keep some semblance of order. We are those rule makers, you will from now on do I we say.


Oppressed: But we refuse. It’s not fair. Why should you get to make the rules? We should all be free to exist and flourish.


Oppressor: You will do as we say. 


Oppressed: Those who oppress us are taking away our basic rights to freedom. We will not accept this, we will fight, for if we do not fight you will continue on granting yourselves more and more power as we remain the ugly second cousins being thrown the scraps from the dinner table. We choose to fight against you. Our lives are no longer measured with the same respect as yours.


It is basic human nature to fight for justice. The oppressed fight back. The oppressors begin to fear loss of control and power. The oppressors fight back with fire claiming those who are oppressed are those who are the trouble makers. And the rest of the world are blind as sheep, scared as a drowning child and weak as an old man on his last life-breaths - but because the oppressors have power enough to deceive and blind the masses, the masses follow on without question - blindly. 


When one begins to question the validity of their own life as well as the validity of others we see the way forward. THE ONLY WAY FORWARD - is in LOVE and PEACE. We can continue on the same cycle of oppression, making excuses to overpower and hate, but in this cycle we will never find resolve. 


This simple life arithmetic is not hard, and we humans we believe we are an intelligent race, yet we still can’t figure out the math. Take the time to do the workings, with self, then others, and we can surely change the face of the planet. 


Humanity I love you and will not give up, I just ask for you to join fight for what we all have in our hearts - LOVE - and we mustn’t reserve it for just a few, it must be readily available for everyone. Act now for the love of future generations.

© 2015 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Surely love is worth fighting for. Better that than fighting for hate. Dear God, what then our world.

Your writing has or inevitably has, power and reason; even when less serious! You state without apology but rarely offend. You lay your words carefully but concisely, no melodrama, not frills.. a woman's opinions wrapped in finely worded emotions.

People keep banging on about freedom but when others bite lumps out of free will wrapped in affection and loyalty, seems as you say, ' .. the oppressors have power enough to deceive and blind the masses, the masses follow on without question - blindly. ' Guess a touch of anarchy dipped in honey is called for!

Posted 8 Years Ago


emmajoy

8 Years Ago

you mean i write as much as i talk?! :)
KWP

8 Years Ago

Ummm errrr well much like Niagra Falls really - gushing - hehe - love to Ya X
emmajoy

8 Years Ago

Laughing as i slide from word-balloon to sunshine world... tarrah! :)
You are passionate, KWP. Are you being oppressed?

Posted 8 Years Ago


KWP

8 Years Ago

Maybe if we just wake up and smell the roses ❤️❤️
mattavelli

8 Years Ago

I think there is too much competition. A realignment might set us on a better path. And we can line .. read more
KWP

8 Years Ago

I'm a gonna plant some more roses then X
"Oppressor: You will do as we say. " - end of discussion - so abrupt and well constructed - comes down with a thump in the middle of the debate. Very effective!

"The oppressors fight back with fire claiming those who are oppressed are those who are the trouble makers." - quite literally in the case of the Reichstag fire. Nice reference KwP.

This could be deemed as quite subversive even though its just asks people to look inside themselves and reflect on what they want from life. It would get you arrested and detained and/or tortured in many countries (the list is ever increasing instead of decreasing).

This write also makes us realise just how unfree we are - which kinda saddens me. The truth isnt always easy to take.

Great piece my friend.
:))


Posted 8 Years Ago


KWP

8 Years Ago

i know right it was kinda saddening me too - like a brick to the head - prime example as you just wi.. read more
ANTO

8 Years Ago

Gay Marriage was voted for in the referendum but in my part of Ireland it was passed over again in o.. read more
All sentient beings, human or animals have the right to live peaceful lives, choice of what or who is more equal is futile to me, all life is needed on this planet, I only hope people unite in this realisation before it is too late, silence is not the answer, no way, ...we owe it to all future generations to build the bridge that leads the way to better times for all...poignant, loved! xo

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great message and nicely written

"This simple life arithmetic is not hard, and we humans we believe we are an intelligent race, yet we still can’t figure out the math." - this was my favorite part

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


KWP

8 Years Ago

Cheers Gaston and lovely to see you here - and yeah math was never my strong point but duh !!!! Even.. read more
Very nice idea for a write. We all need to try harder. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


Humanity I love you and will not give up, I just ask for you to join fight for what we all have in our hearts - LOVE - and we mustn’t reserve it for just a few, it must be readily available for everyone. Act now for the love of future generations.

Love, love, love this. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone felt this way?

:) Julie




Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
It is great to see you on fire like this. Remind me to ALWAYS have you on my side :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


KWP

8 Years Ago

oh hello gorgeous one - thanks for stopping in - sending love across the seas - and yeah I am one of.. read more
~

8 Years Ago

love to you too gorgeous!! :D
i can tell this was a spontaneous outpouring Ms. KWP! there are mis-types here and there ;) this feels like a bit of a rant with a softer plea at the end .. this great and universal truth about love and caring can be diminished by rage ... (you know me ... balance is everything ;)
i do hope you feel better! you raise one huge question ... and that is what works? .. if people form a community of any kind .. the need for rules and enforcement will always emerge .. there are only so many ways society can do this .. represented in world governments .. some more or less just than others .. then there is the question of what is "justice" ? iyiyiyiyiyyi ... then the line between the spiritual and "the good" ... OK ... look what you have done to poor me .. i am going to have to go back and read the most boring book ever (which try as i may) i have never finished .. a political science book on forms of governing ... then thank the Lord those marvelous writing so Thomas Aquinas ... then i will sleep peacefully ... perhaps ;) love your stuff girl! i do hope you feel better :)
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ok, you convinced me. .... now what?

Posted 8 Years Ago


KWP

8 Years Ago

we can go an slap all the big boy oppressors to start ...
Jesse

8 Years Ago

Hahaha....lets you and I go do that right now! ...lol

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

840 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 17, 2015
Last Updated on May 17, 2015

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..