removal

removal

A Poem by KWP

bewilderment drapes
like a droughtstriken tree
in the arid plains
where souls linger
in hope
the lesson can be learned
before the last departure arrives

torn asunder
desperation squeals

the patchwork of
this life
cannot be reassembled

there was a time
the exit was clear

distant memories
flake and fade
into the winds of
of forever

surely it may be my turn next ?

© 2019 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the poem my dear friend.
"surely it may be my turn next ?"
The above lines. Could be true and thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote


Posted 2 Years Ago


Killer lines throughout. I kept wanting to come back again. There is a mystique that draws you in. Great job.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I like the ruminative nature of this write. Solitary and deeply personal, this opens up a gamut of existential questions.

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
Truly beautiful ! I am trying to find more words
Lost for words

Posted 4 Years Ago


KWP I am so enlightened by your speak Thanks for a deep and meaningful write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


the patchwork of this life - cannot be reassembled'.. for sure, but it can be remembered, can be learned from and smiled about.. if worthy of... anything resembling sanity or common sense. Perhaps?

Life's so precious... we're surrounded by the death's tragedy, never knowing when we might close our own leather covers... so.. .. Thus make the most of what there is, perhaps? Use time for the good and occasionally for the ridiculous.. worries come and go, we cope.. we manage.. and as the words say, go down laughing. Yes? No? Not entirely sure that it matters because your words so ably state your feelings, your attitudes and in the end... to each her own! Your honesty laid in such calm and elegant terms is near as perfect as life can be, E. (Meantime please forgive my absence.. )

Posted 4 Years Ago


I gave it a perfect score, I love your writing I think you may be my favorite I have found from this site. I could talk about my interpretation but it would only be me talking about myself so I will save it and just say thank you for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


KWP

4 Years Ago

you made me smile - and that my friends enough :D thanks X
oh my gosh Elizabeth..this is my worst sleeping and waking nightmare ... the spirit world is more real than the physical says i .. and a reckoning will occur ..i see that soul lingering ... no do-over ... all the times one had that opportune moment to make a right choice but failed ... i love this somber poem..love the wisdom in it .. your on a roll girl ;)
E.
ps. nice bit of upturn in mood in your closing ... your "person" is alive and wondering
pss. xxxoooxxx :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


oh these winds of forever....still undecided if i should curse them or ravel in...
what if we skip the turn?
Lovely work, with smiling sharpness behind every line

Posted 5 Years Ago


we hope to balance the ledger before we are done...i see the idea here of doing what we can to make use of the time we have, we never know how or when the end will come...but we can go with a smile if we have lived up to whatever potential we have.
nicely expressed, KWP.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


KWP

5 Years Ago

hey thanks Jacob - I love the way you can grasp the ideas and run with it :) take care x

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2019
Last Updated on April 5, 2019

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Too Close Too Close

A Poem by KWP


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee