The Things I Can See, Hear and Feel

The Things I Can See, Hear and Feel

A Story by Kagami2110
"

Alfred and Honoka had been best friends in high school, however upon entering college Honoka dies leaving Alfred behind. This is a story of how Alfred copes with Honoka's death and his unrequited love

"

Fire burns in my heart, it’s sharp licking flames reach every end of me, the pangs of guilt rush through me, as I think of you and only you, my best friend...


...Honoka...


“Wake-up Al!  Alfred! Wake-up!” My eyes flutter open and here she is, just like a moving picture from my dream, my best friend, Honoka. I look at her and decide to ignore her like I have been for the past few days, then gather my things from my desk. Then looking at the clock by the wall of my apartment, I just realized that I had 5 more minutes before Professor Matthews' lecture begins, so I leave without looking back, or talking to Honoka once again. I won’t talk to her. No matter what I will never talk to her again, because Honoka Andrews, my best friend died a month ago.


“You got this part wrong Al.” My imagination of my best friend points at one of my answer in the exams I am currently taking. Once again I ignore her. I feel like I’m going crazy. This has been going on since she died. Why do I keep on seeing things? Why is it that Honoka must haunt me like this?

“Time’s up! Hand over your papers.” Professor McAllen announces. I take my time and hand my paper last. Prof. McAllen looks over it and then says. “You got this part wrong Alfred.”


After I leave the lecture hall Honoka brushes past me and says, “Told you so.” I look at her but again I don’t say anything. I can never really accept it, her death. It’s better like this. I don’t want anybody to know I’m seeing things. I don’t want them to take it away. Don’t leave me again Honoka.


“Merry Christmas Alfred.” Honoka beams at me with her usual cheerful smile. It has been about 4 years now since her death, and in a few months I will be graduating, and I wonder if she will still be with me until then. I look at her, but like always I say nothing. I always let her talk. I like listening to her voice.


Graduation came, and after the ceremony I temporarily go back to my dorm room to gather some of my lighter baggage. I enter the room to find Honoka waiting for me with a smile on her face. “Congratulations on graduating Alfred. I knew you’d make Honors.” Honoka then comes forward and then gives me a kiss. “Alfred, I’m happy that you have kept on treasuring me. I had wanted to stay by your side until you forget about me. But really Alfred… This has to stop. I want you to move on.” Tears had unconsciously gathered up in my eyes, tears I had never dared shed even at her funeral. Tears I regret not shedding at the time. And for the first time in those four years I finally answer her back. “How can I forget you? Honoka each passing day since you’ve died reminds me that you WERE here and it keeps eating away a huge part of my heart. I could never forget you. It was unfair! I couldn’t even see you or talk to you before you died! Even if we had promised that we’d talked even if we had gone into different colleges. Cause I was so busy I didn’t know. I’m sorry that I didn’t know. I loved you Honoka. I love you and I damn wish I could have told you.”


As my tears were gushing and my knees had fallen, Honoka rushes to hug me. “I know Alfred. I love you too.”

© 2013 Kagami2110


Author's Note

Kagami2110
Reviews, comments and the like are very much welcome. Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The way you wrote the story really reflected the pain that the protagonist must be going through. Beautiful story

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is so sad! it is a horrible feeling to lose a best friend, one who is like a sister. Unrequited love is a terrible feeling. I love how you made it ambiguous as to whether she is actually there or a product of a troubled and aggrieved imagination

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kagami2110

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2013
Last Updated on December 2, 2013
Tags: Love, Death, Romance

Author

Kagami2110
Kagami2110

Philippines



About
An aspiring writer :)) more..

Writing
Inescapable Inescapable

A Story by Kagami2110